A (mean) way to nerf Irelia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

03-07-2012

Her W does nothing passively, but applies both true damage and heal on activation.

This way Irelia cannot sustain indefinitely and is in line with other manaless champions (who generally have no sustain).

Her other manacost can be brought down a bit to compensate.

Or is it too harsh on her?

UPD:
Wow! Either Riot listens, I am clairvoyant or we just think the same way
From patch preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T2-_rEew0A&t=2m39s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak
To lower this sustain we have two chages coming: First, the passive health regain from Hiten style is going down, but increases back to its current value when active.
Thanks, Riot!

Invictrix

03-07-2012

Why is Irelia getting nerfed again?

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

03-07-2012

Indefinite sustain in lane, with a strong late-game presence and lack of straight counters.

Invictrix

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Whatever View Post
Indefinite sustain in lane, with a strong late-game presence and lack of straight counters.
I don't know Moscow 5 straight countered the best Irelia player in the world with Shyvana solo top. I think Riot is gonna have a hard time justifying a 4 or 5th nerf on her to the community who feels that she got nerfed too hard before.

TheShingle

03-07-2012

to put it bluntly: no. Irelia is not op. She does not need any nerfs. Balanced champion is balanced etc....

Aringhe

03-07-2012

Irelia doesn't have infinite sustain... She gains at most 26 health per auto attack. Warwick gains a maximum of 48 health per auto attack once he gets three stacks and he has an AS buff to boot.

Irelia isn't overpowered in the slightest. She can easily steamroll people who don't want to counter-pick her, but so can Yorick and Garen, that doesn't make them overpowered.

ToApeiron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Noobs want to nerf Irelia? Better nerf Irelia!

Ragebeard Manric

03-07-2012

Quote:
This way Irelia cannot sustain indefinitely and is in line with other manaless champions (who generally have no sustain).
What?

Two tanky-DPS manaless champions Irelia may go up against with sustain, off the top of my head, are Garen and Mundo, who both have a ****-ton of sustain. Which ones don't? Coz all I can think of is Riven, who has overpowering damage anyways (Kat is irrelevant because Kat is mid AP).

Irelia has mana.

Nothing in this sentence makes sense. Am I reading this wrong?

Slothiroth

03-07-2012

Quote:
Her W does nothing passively, but applies both true damage and heal on activation.

Her other manacost can be brought down a bit to compensate.

Or is it too harsh on her?
Why does she need a nerf again? Building a Wriggler's will give you the same if not better sustain than her. Her passive heal should be left alone.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Why is Irelia getting nerfed again?
Dude, everyone's been saying it for months.

Better nerf Irelia.

Obviously we were cereal. Super cereal.