Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Dominion and its fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawkwìng

03-13-2012

dominion really needs ranked. Draft pick could just be changed to ranked. Dont need more than 2 game modes.

Skulkraken

03-13-2012

Quote:
Glorious Bird:
Champion balance doesn't revolve or even consider Dominion and it's player base is too small. It will never hit ranked.

such a non-believer. i believer Riot will come thru for us and make a ranked Dom. Any Red who can give us an update about this topic would be great.

Apryde

03-14-2012

Quote:
Redenbacher:

Riot's communication with the community can easily make or break the future of Dominion. If they just ignore it (ie. the Fiora champion spotlight), it will eventually die, and that was a LOT of wasted effort on their part. It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe they decided they just don't want to fully support two game modes/communities? Maybe they've got their hands tied with other projects? It's all speculation.

Yeah but how difficult it could be to implement a ranked mode?

WaterD103

Recruiter

03-14-2012

Fwiw my whole team dropped dominion until there is ranked, and it isnt a threat, we just feel Riot made clear they don't care for dominion anymore.
my bet is that ranked dominion is is still months away, if it ever comes. When it comes, me and my team will comeback, until then, really there is no reason. I know lots of players that feel the same.
I post this on response of saying that "threatening" to stop playing dominion if ranked is not implemented is childish.
It's not a threat, it's just a fact for many.

EMeta

03-14-2012

Three points:
Riot made a very significant investment in Dominion by porting the bots over here. Yes, bot games are kinda pointless for experienced players, because they're just so easy and quick, but it helps a lot getting new LoL players to play on CS as they level up.

I've been expecting for some time that ranked will come out at the start of Season 3, and no sooner. Riot and their playerbase gets all of season 2 to improve the game, then new season: new ranked. It'd be nice if they actually said so (what would be the harm if they did have to tweak the game mode a bit after starting?), but until I hear otherwise, that's what I figure.

The only significant tweak I think CS needs is one additional harder speed cap, of 75% off raw speed past 540. Effectively, this would cut in half all the speed increases champs currently have past post-modified 500. This number could be 550/505 or 560/510, but it has the effect of fixing some of the worst bits of rammus, poppy, and revive. Minor tweak: add a legendary tier armor item to counter AD casters (i.e.,has high armor and doesn't mess with AAs like thornmail or AS like Raduin's and FH).

GrignardTS

03-14-2012

Quote:
EMeta:

The only significant tweak I think CS needs is one additional harder speed cap, of 75% off raw speed past 540. Effectively, this would cut in half all the speed increases champs currently have past post-modified 500. This number could be 550/505 or 560/510, but it has the effect of fixing some of the worst bits of rammus, poppy, and revive. Minor tweak: add a legendary tier armor item to counter AD casters (i.e.,has high armor and doesn't mess with AAs like thornmail or AS like Raduin's and FH).

TBH, I wish they did this.

And then add 1-2 more caster items. Mid tier, better than Guise. Sweeper is great, but it doesn't fit on everyone.

Sizmic

Recruiter

03-14-2012

Quote:
EMeta:
Three points:
Riot made a very significant investment in Dominion by porting the bots over here. Yes, bot games are kinda pointless for experienced players, because they're just so easy and quick, but it helps a lot getting new LoL players to play on CS as they level up.

I've been expecting for some time that ranked will come out at the start of Season 3, and no sooner. Riot and their playerbase gets all of season 2 to improve the game, then new season: new ranked. It'd be nice if they actually said so (what would be the harm if they did have to tweak the game mode a bit after starting?), but until I hear otherwise, that's what I figure.

That is the asumption I've been going with as well. Like I said this isn't a we need ranked topic but it is instead a we need news. The community is starving for something that we can look at and say "that's were we are going"

Sizmic

Recruiter

03-16-2012

bump

Graogg

Recruiter

03-16-2012

I also support ranked dominion, as long as there is a solo queue option. I love to just get on when ever and play some serious games.

Sizmic

Recruiter

03-17-2012

Quote:
Graogg:
I also support ranked dominion, as long as there is a solo queue option. I love to just get on when ever and play some serious games.

While I do support ranked dominion this topic does not exists to beg for/ demand it. This is rather a cry for some sort of news and red interaction on the dominion forums.