@Riot, Dominion and its fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
Dominion doesn't need to have it's own overly different qualifications for champion balance. While the gameplay is DRASTICALLY different, the core aspect of "fight over turrets that rain laser death" is still there.

People might cite Rammus as an example of "look, not even remotely balanced for Dominion" but I propose this:
Have people ever been satisfied with how powerful Rammus is at any given time?
Rammus is a popular ban in Classic as well as Dominion. Rammus's power is not unique to Dominion.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

I really don't see him as a major threat on Dominion yes he's fast but he does not have the punch of other mobile champs. In classic he is an insane threat from the jungle with his speed.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Rammus is a popular ban in Classic as well as Dominion. Rammus's power is not unique to Dominion.
Exactly. I think people lose sight of that and only see it as a reason to criticize Dominion.

Huniz

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizmic View Post
I really don't see him as a major threat on Dominion yes he's fast but he does not have the punch of other mobile champs. In classic he is an insane threat from the jungle with his speed.
Because of the laning phase, you die in lane, your enemy gets more CS>snowballs>???>you lose.

Dom, he just gets to top quicker.

Sizmic

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huniz View Post
Because of the laning phase, you die in lane, your enemy gets more CS>snowballs>???>you lose.

Dom, he just gets to top quicker.

Exactly, thus in dom he's no real threat. This is just one example as to how dominion isn't as unbalanced as people claim it to be. So I reiterate my original point what is holding dominion back and is there any news on things to come to help the community bounce back to were it needs to be.

Ekis the Seraph

03-12-2012

He's only a threat because people would rather rambo their way through to a capture point than devise a strategy to beating the other team. Personally he's a weakling, but every time I play him I use a simple strat that seems to work, almost everytime: make em chase the ball.

You'll notice this when they'd rather have 2-3 people chase a <20% HP Rammus down for a 100g kill instead of watching their capture points.

Seiun

03-13-2012

I would much rather ban Yorick, Sion and Vayne than ... anyone else, really. The life steal hyper-carries by a certain point in the game outright require two people to focus in order to be brought down, and if you have two people bot to deal with them, that means top is now 3v4, and the game's pretty much forfeit.

Honestly I think that's the only place where Dominion's balance falls flat. If Dominion had a lower ceiling for life steal and attack speed, (or even just attack speed, come to think of it) it'd be perfect.

Redenbacher

03-13-2012

Was this thread moved from GD? While I agree with everything said here, the only Riot employee that ever posts here is rickless. I'd be surprised if this forum was ever read by anyone other than a small subset of the Dominion community.

Sizmic

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Was this thread moved from GD? While I agree with everything said here, the only Riot employee that ever posts here is rickless. I'd be surprised if this forum was ever read by anyone other than a small subset of the Dominion community.
No, I created it here because I knew if I made it on GD it'd just get moved anyway. My hope is rickless well see it and maybe, if the gods smile on us, get the attention of the other reds. I almost wonder if they realize how close so many people are to giving up on lol all together because of Dom being ignored.

Redenbacher

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizmic View Post
I almost wonder if they realize how close so many people are to giving up on lol all together because of Dom being ignored.
I question if they've even bothered weighing out the losses. LoL has how many million players? How many of those do you think play Dominion regularly? Of those, how many do you think post on the forums?

We're a vocal minority, unfortunately.

I'm not trying to be negative. I just have this sinking feeling that the oversaturated GD forums have a heavier weighing opinion on the fate of Dominion with their intellectual commentary ("LOLDOMINION"). Riot doesn't seem to pay any attention to it's sub-communities within the smaller forums, and we're never heard.

I made the effort to address that here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...mmunication+qc

...but that hasn't gained much traction. It's frustrating for obvious reasons to the Dominion community since we genuinely feel ignored and forgotten, despite Riot's tireless efforts to push out an incredible new game mode. However it's not just here, it's all of the sub-communities. They have plenty of great discussions that could really benefit from a subject matter expert at Riot to pop-in from time to time, but none of it gets seen.

Riot's communication with the community can easily make or break the future of Dominion. If they just ignore it (ie. the Fiora champion spotlight), it will eventually die, and that was a LOT of wasted effort on their part. It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe they decided they just don't want to fully support two game modes/communities? Maybe they've got their hands tied with other projects? It's all speculation.