Flat vs Scaling runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yummines

03-06-2012

in which instances is it better to get flat runes vs scaling runes and vice versa?

if u can, specific examples of runes

halifix

03-06-2012

It depends on when the scaling matches the flat runes. For example, for mana regen, scaling beats flat at 6 or so, so most people get scaling. However, if it matches at lv 12 or beyond, just get flat. Depending on the skill level, most games are decided before level 12.

Alivarious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

For mana regen scaling > flat, for MR it really depends on the lane you are expecting however I like flat vs most aggressive mids like LB or Cass and scaling vs mids like Annie or Malz.

tummyrubs

03-06-2012

When you're in the jungle, you can take scaling MR.

Blind Trooper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2012

For junglers, flat armor is better then scaling as you need the extra armor early.

Also, what tummyrubs said

Gleipnir

03-06-2012

Flats that are worth it:
AD
Armor
HP quints
Mana regen
CDR
AP quints
HP Regen

Scaling that are worth it:
HP Seals
AP
MR
Armor (in some cases)
HP regen

Hexerin

Recruiter

03-06-2012

it also depends on your champion choice

does your champion have an excellent early game? get flat runes for even stronger early game

does your champion scale extremely well into lategame? get per level runes to make yourself unstoppable

L0ganiz3r

04-22-2012

I dont think I should be here...

Kanata Futaki

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexerin View Post
it also depends on your champion choice

does your champion have an excellent early game? get flat runes for even stronger early game

does your champion scale extremely well into lategame? get per level runes to make yourself unstoppable
^Put this into account.

As Irelia I run a full page of HP scaling runes and buy a Doran's Shield first. Since Irelia scales better the longer the game goes, I'm able to focus on Armor and Resist items without sacrificing any gold for HP items. By level 3 I have 2 levels of Hiten and I over 1k of HP. Any damage dealt I can shrug off with sustain, my damage exchange works in my favor 1v1, and junglers with their top lane cannot kill me cause I'm simply too tanky.

For LB, I focus on flats, since LB falls off hard late game. As LB I want to focus on snowballing early and completely dominate lane so that the game doesn't enter late game. Flat AP rune scale extremely well w/ LB and I'm able to get my first kill by level 2.

Again it's all based on Champion Scaling as well as your preferences.

Btw Necro ftw.

Xayvr

10-01-2014

Which type is better for juggling as Diana? i main her and would like to know. Thnx