Can you CC Kayle when she's using her ult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mlbabyface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

So in the ability description it said she's immune to damage with her ult, but how about CCs like taunt, fear, silence etc.? Oh and how about ignite/exhaust?

I was playing as Ahri and tried to charm the enemy Kayle but I just saw the heart went through her and she's totally fine. It happened several times in this game, so I'm kind of sure that it's not a random thing...

Confused confused confused!

BFaith

03-06-2012

As a general rule, any 'invulnerability' will make you immune to everything. It's just like Poppy, if she hasn't targeted you you can't do anything to her.

mlbabyface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Yes I can understand that...But when I google there are some "historical" threads kept saying she's immune to damage but you can CC her, that's why I'm confused=/

Slashinghardest

03-06-2012

you can still cc the person she ults.

Shiruhoshi

03-06-2012

Ive seen people get knocked up while in kayle's ult, but thats as much as i know.

mlbabyface

03-06-2012

OK so I did custom games with my friend just to check this out (tested with Rammus and Ahri)!

My conclusion is: you can cast any CC on her when she ult and she'd be affected. For ignite she'd not take damage for that 2s duration but would thereafter. And obviously you can charm her with the CHARM! I was just lagging too hard for the game in which I couldn't charm her.

Thanks everyone=]

Pyrozen

03-07-2012

I'm a veteran Kayle player and I can answer your question.

Her ult makes her immune to any kind of damage, though Crowd-Control still affects the ulted person
Example : Sion uses Cryptic Gaze on Kayle, she shields, it stuns, does 0 damage.

Her ult makes her immune to Damage Over Time effects during it's effect, however, the DoT will affect her after shield expires.
Example : X champion casts ignite on Kayle, she shields, takes no damage during the effect, though it starts dealing damage after shield expires.

TL TR : She doesn't take any source of damage during ultimate duration, CCs still apply.