If you stopped playing Dominion, would you stop playing lol?

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

03-06-2012

Not only do I find Dominion much more fun than SR, but I simply don't have time for SR anymore. I know that I can stay in a game, reliably, for 20-25 minutes. Any more than that could have me going AFK. As a result, I don't play SR for the sake of my potential teammates.

If Dominion dies, I stop playing LoL. There are plenty of alternatives on the horizon, too. Guild Wars 2 and Hawken, for two.

Phear3d

03-06-2012

Agreed.

exemplar kreoss

03-06-2012

Well I know this is on the dominion forums, but I like how everyone is at the same conclusion that they would give up LOL for insert your reason here. I am with all of you on this, but like Rebel Dragon I wont give up on this game. But even if ranked came in I don't think I would even play that. The reason is because I am a casual player. I am not here to get 2000 or more elo. I am playing this game because it is fun.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

I could never go back to SR or TT.

IronAegis

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
Support carries bottom lane.

Just saying.

If all you're doing is standing behind your carry and mashing your heal, you're doing it wrong.
Support feeds the team's carry cs (solo queue) in the vain hope that they're not a complete idiot and do nothing with it.

To be fair, it was a bit of an overstatement. You also get the fun of being a wardbot and playing gold/sec item collector! I should also note that there are plenty of people out there who much prefer SR and I'm not asking the mode to conform to my views, just that's how I feel while playing it anymore.

PrometheanRage

03-06-2012

Quote:
Yes, if I quit Dominion, I would stop playing LoL.

SR isn't fun for me.

On that note, I would probably keep playing Dominion until it gets removed or I'm the last Dominion player.
This is exactly my feelings on the matter.

larkhill

03-06-2012

id probably go back to playing SR, though i'd be very miserable doing it and seek out a new game to play

Laurix

03-06-2012

I would 100% no doubt quit.

I got gold in S1, I got gold in S2 (only played 10 games, won 9 in a row). My goal was platinum in SR this season, but I have no desire to even remotely try for it anymore.

I tried Dominion about a month ago now, still play it about every day. It really is a lot of fun, and I feel like if I'm going to go back to SR, I'm just going to play HoN or DotA2 instead; where you can actually hard-carry.

Kiddalee

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
Why even release a new game type (notice how i didn't say map, this isn't SR junior - TT) and then give it no love. You said you spent a year working on it, if you're just giving up on it then it's wasted time.

Riot, I can you just straight up losing the majority of the Dominion playerbase altogether, so GG on wasting a year making a mode YOU don't care about and then taking a chunk out of YOUR OWN playerbase. Who woulda thought Riot's own worst enemy would be themselves.
Riot made some stupid choices with Dominion. They should have released it mid-season so that Season 2's beginning wouldn't have stolen its thunder. Now they are dropping the investment instead of using what they have created. Dominion can attract a whole new audience, but Riot tried pitiably to market it to their existing audience who are notorious for being narrow-minded. Dominion is only a wasted investment if Riot makes it so.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Riot made some stupid choices with Dominion. They should have released it mid-season so that Season 2's beginning wouldn't have stolen its thunder. Now they are dropping the investment instead of using what they have created. Dominion can attract a whole new audience, but Riot tried pitiably to market it to their existing audience who are notorious for being narrow-minded. Dominion is only a wasted investment if Riot makes it so.
I personally hope some other company makes a similar game based/focused around the Dominion game type, i'd gladly jump ship for that.

123456 ... 9