Support Leblanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

03-06-2012

Everyone knows Leblanc can't farm for ****, and that supports aren't allowed to farm or their carries will throw a ***** fit.

I can't take credit for coming up with this since I had it used against my team in a normal draft pick match. It crippled our bot lane early game, and I the ap mid had to heroically intervene to stop us from losing. I am pretty grateful that Orianna is underpowered or I might not have had time to dominate her and then get a triple kill bottom(stupid jungler tried to help them). Tibbers kills who I pleases.

Anyway the Leblanc player still ended up doing the best on her team despite being a support and it got me to thinking being a Leblanc player if that was actually the better way to use her. I mean you would be pretty vulnerable to a kill lane bottom like Garen and Blitzcrank, but it would be a counter pick for the 5th player anyway.

Seeing as how Leblanc has lost her luster as an ap mid since it is pretty obvious that her powers fall of late game I think it is pretty obvious what her new role should be since supports fall of late game as well, and it is better to have a fed super burst assassin early game than a healer early game in my opinion anyway.

TM oJun

03-06-2012

leblanc has one of the best attack animations for a mage. also, her w hits multiple targets.

what are you talking about?

DarkerNectron

03-06-2012

She also dominates early game and can help your team force dragon fights when their AP mid is low on HP.

JJI744

03-06-2012

I could see it workign in the laning phase, as you basically have a burst machine (even without high AP) sitting in the brush that can throw a Q+W and then retreat to safety. Thats a good zoning ability that just gets better at 6. Toss in chains to slow/root and help escape ganks, and you have a pretty good lane partner for an AD carry. Sustain would be an issue though.

The problem is that past lane phase she won't be able to help out too much. She still has potential silences/roots, and decent damage midgame, but thats about all. And she won't have that midgame burst to eliminate the enemy carry quickly.

Supports work because they don't need items to be useful. Even if she has zero AP, Soraka still provides an MR buff, an armor buff, shreds enemy MR, and has a silence. Sona provides her auras and powercord effects, plus has her AoE stun ult. Janna increases movespeed, increases your carries AD, has an AoE knockup and her ult as an AoE knockback, and a slow if its needed. Taric still has that stun+armor buff+AD buff. Compare that to LB who would have a silence(potentially two) and a slow/root.