Will we get Pulsefire Ezreal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ervid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Pinky promise that it's gonna be legendary epic ultra mega awesome?

getdunked92

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
To clarify this, let me dev diary Pulsefire Ezreal for you guys;

At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one. What we started with was a pretty clean and simple cyborg-inspired Ezreal skin that had a little clean-up to do. We could ship it out, but we wanted to make it better quality.

After improving it, our zealous (in a good way!) particle artist Adam started adding sweet little touches to it, and we just kept seeing more and more potential. Now, after the particle effects were ramped up, the animations needed to match....it kept getting better and better, but as we upped each new element, the art guys kept getting excited on what was coming together and kept pushing it further with new stuff.

Basically, we want to do something really special with Pulsefire Ezreal, but the reality of that is it takes a lot longer. This kind of thing (development time vs scope) happens all the time, but a lot of the reason we don't reveal the information early is because the expectation of it coming out really soon after people find out occurs.

So, no new info other than "soon(tm)", but I at least wanted to give you some insight as to why we're not releasing it yet. And I think it's the right decision - it's totally worth it.

last time you said something would be released soon was in 2010 about eve remake EVE REMAKE WHERE?

Cytox

03-06-2012

can the foolish pulsefire threads now stop nabs

Akesgeroth

03-06-2012

Quote:

At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one. What we started with was a pretty clean and simple cyborg-inspired Ezreal skin that had a little clean-up to do. We could ship it out, but we wanted to make it better quality.

After improving it, our zealous (in a good way!) particle artist Adam started adding sweet little touches to it, and we just kept seeing more and more potential. Now, after the particle effects were ramped up, the animations needed to match....it kept getting better and better, but as we upped each new element, the art guys kept getting excited on what was coming together and kept pushing it further with new stuff.

Basically, we want to do something really special with Pulsefire Ezreal, but the reality of that is it takes a lot longer. This kind of thing (development time vs scope) happens all the time, but a lot of the reason we don't reveal the information early is because the expectation of it coming out really soon after people find out occurs.

So, no new info other than "soon(tm)", but I at least wanted to give you some insight as to why we're not releasing it yet. And I think it's the right decision - it's totally worth it.
At the very least, now we know it wasn't shelved.

Zinnoxis

03-06-2012

"We realized just how insane the demand was on Pulsefire Ezreal so we decided to dress it up some more so we can charge you more for it, knowing you sheep will buy it so fast your credit card won't even know what happened."

Don't buy legendary skins kids, I'd be willing to bet most people wouldn't know the difference in game if they weren't told.

N8dGR8

03-06-2012

Will it still be the typical legendary price or more? And thanks for the update Morello!

Shinzoku

03-06-2012

Quote:

Thank you for the response Morello, but this only makes me think we're still a long way away from getting Pulsefire Ez and that's not cool at all :P

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Quote:

My day has been made! Thank you so much for giving us anything on this! Morello you have given what the people needed!

oshienu

03-06-2012

Quote:

Does this mean other champs like Trundle will get some nice new skins? There are several champs who haven't had new skins in a long time and some quality skins for them would be nice. The new Urgot skin is a step in the right direction as well as Gragas. Both haven't received much skin attention in the past, I remember Gragas Esq. but that was long ago. Orianna was a small step two although she had two nice skins already. I understand it takes time to come up with ideas but People have been suggesting Trundle skins for a long time.

Jam3s Howl3tt

03-06-2012

APRIL FOOLS not coming out