Will we get Pulsefire Ezreal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caetilwyn

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We've mentioned it a few times, but there's lots of threads
I wish you'd mention something about the Soraka rework.

InertPackage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Quote:
hmmm, hey, I have an idea Morello http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...463&highlight=

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Morello you said you don't reveal new info about the skin

but its already leaked with full animations and sounds and it is awesome

for us these are enough unless you guys want to make it more and more awesome

Bu773rd0g

03-06-2012

Quote:
To clarify this, let me dev diary Pulsefire Ezreal for you guys;

At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one. What we started with was a pretty clean and simple cyborg-inspired Ezreal skin that had a little clean-up to do. We could ship it out, but we wanted to make it better quality.

After improving it, our zealous (in a good way!) particle artist Adam started adding sweet little touches to it, and we just kept seeing more and more potential. Now, after the particle effects were ramped up, the animations needed to match....it kept getting better and better, but as we upped each new element, the art guys kept getting excited on what was coming together and kept pushing it further with new stuff.

Basically, we want to do something really special with Pulsefire Ezreal, but the reality of that is it takes a lot longer. This kind of thing (development time vs scope) happens all the time, but a lot of the reason we don't reveal the information early is because the expectation of it coming out really soon after people find out occurs.

So, no new info other than "soon(tm)", but I at least wanted to give you some insight as to why we're not releasing it yet. And I think it's the right decision - it's totally worth it.
New support champ, "soon" tm. Pulsefire Ezreal skin, "soon" tm. Sona's passive will not be nerfed.

0/3 Morello.

xCookieMonster

03-06-2012

I have $50 reserved for this skin alone. It will be the only skin I've got, other than frost Ezreal.

I will glady give all $50 for it.

Zerok

03-06-2012

Gooooood.

MaxReady

03-06-2012

Quote:
To clarify this, let me dev diary Pulsefire Ezreal for you guys;

At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one. What we started with was a pretty clean and simple cyborg-inspired Ezreal skin that had a little clean-up to do. We could ship it out, but we wanted to make it better quality.

After improving it, our zealous (in a good way!) particle artist Adam started adding sweet little touches to it, and we just kept seeing more and more potential. Now, after the particle effects were ramped up, the animations needed to match....it kept getting better and better, but as we upped each new element, the art guys kept getting excited on what was coming together and kept pushing it further with new stuff.

Basically, we want to do something really special with Pulsefire Ezreal, but the reality of that is it takes a lot longer. This kind of thing (development time vs scope) happens all the time, but a lot of the reason we don't reveal the information early is because the expectation of it coming out really soon after people find out occurs.

So, no new info other than "soon(tm)", but I at least wanted to give you some insight as to why we're not releasing it yet. And I think it's the right decision - it's totally worth it.
Can't wait for it!
Thank you Morello!

Spurlock9

03-06-2012

At least now I know I can spend my RP without him coming out the next week. Thanks for the update, Morello.

OniSioN

03-06-2012

Quote:
inb4 the Beard response

Jortalus

03-06-2012

So basically it's going to be the greatest skin ever released?

I approve of this.