Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Will we get Pulsefire Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

04-28-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
I really like this post. I think it's spot on. The comparison of specialties in relation to other is a very good point. There's really nothing nor some other artists/technicians can do past a certain point. As a concept artist there's not much I can help with in the craft when we're focusing on things like animations and VFX. I can still be part of the review and feedback process, but there's nothing I can do technically on the team to add value.

That's another component I'd like to emphasize. We have a lot of people reviewing products and content as they're being created to make sure the quality is up to par. While some of our jobs end at a certain point in content development, usually the whole team stays with the project to keep eyes on it as it progresses through later phases of feature creation and subsequent polish. That does indeed add extra time, but it's time well spent as we're making sure that technically things are working up to par or that we're not making an error in a choice. Also, we want to make sure that we're catching opportunities where we can add even more value.

We make sure though to keep it so that feedback as the content progresses doesn't yield diminishing returns. We take a cost/benefit approach of time spent vs. value added. As we know in any other production process, sometimes late-term feedback can result in that time dilation effect. We make it a top priority not to get stuck in those redundant loops. A product has to be awesome, but it also has to be shipped. You have to cut the cord at some point, going back to that baby analogy.

Do indeed keep the thread bumped if you feel there is good knowledge and insight into the process. I'm hoping that someday we have a proper conduit in order to present a developer diary to our players. I know there's obviously an interest in seeing how close a feature is to release, but it very much seems that there's a big demand from players who really take interest in the development process. I'm hoping we can provide a good venue to show off the process that results in our content. =)

Mr. Stylus, sir? Hi. How about a deal? I post a cute cat GIF and you guyzez release Pulsefire Ezreal. Deal?

Ap Mid Karma

04-28-2012

Quote:
zarbiz:
All I have to say is that every Ezreal I play against after this skin launches better be using it, to justify the constant "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" on these forums.

I have the RP already set aside ... the second it out it's mine.

FearlessDeathGod

04-28-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
I really like this post. I think it's spot on. The comparison of specialties in relation to other is a very good point. There's really nothing nor some other artists/technicians can do past a certain point. As a concept artist there's not much I can help with in the craft when we're focusing on things like animations and VFX. I can still be part of the review and feedback process, but there's nothing I can do technically on the team to add value.

That's another component I'd like to emphasize. We have a lot of people reviewing products and content as they're being created to make sure the quality is up to par. While some of our jobs end at a certain point in content development, usually the whole team stays with the project to keep eyes on it as it progresses through later phases of feature creation and subsequent polish. That does indeed add extra time, but it's time well spent as we're making sure that technically things are working up to par or that we're not making an error in a choice. Also, we want to make sure that we're catching opportunities where we can add even more value.

We make sure though to keep it so that feedback as the content progresses doesn't yield diminishing returns. We take a cost/benefit approach of time spent vs. value added. As we know in any other production process, sometimes late-term feedback can result in that time dilation effect. We make it a top priority not to get stuck in those redundant loops. A product has to be awesome, but it also has to be shipped. You have to cut the cord at some point, going back to that baby analogy.

Do indeed keep the thread bumped if you feel there is good knowledge and insight into the process. I'm hoping that someday we have a proper conduit in order to present a developer diary to our players. I know there's obviously an interest in seeing how close a feature is to release, but it very much seems that there's a big demand from players who really take interest in the development process. I'm hoping we can provide a good venue to show off the process that results in our content. =)

I want this. I am studying computer science and I think this would be very beneficial to my education. Also, how can I learn to make forum posts like you? all of your posts were very well written and informative. Could you recommend any reading material to improve on this?

Volcaetis

04-28-2012

Wait, I think I figured it out! All of IronStylus' analogies to childbirth... Pulsefire Ezreal is going to take 9 months to produce! That's it!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-28-2012

Quote:
FearlessDeathGod:
I want this. I am studying computer science and I think this would be very beneficial to my education. Also, how can I learn to make forum posts like you? all of your posts were very well written and informative. Could you recommend any reading material to improve on this?

Hah.. so here's the first thought I had when I read the question about making forum posts similar to how I write. I realized probably one of the places I first learned to diversify my vocabulary and compose my words was...

...wait for it...

Watching Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Honestly, I think a lot of learning how to compose language, at least for myself, is listening to people talk. As I've watched different media or just talking to well-versed people I've sort of absorbed this composition format in the way I speak and therefore the way I write. My parents have very comprehensive vocabularies, I think that helped me a lot.

I really love language and understand it pretty well, I think. Whether it's being interested in language or forcing yourself to try to approach more complex vocabulary in media I think it bolsters ones own verbal and literary arsenal.

My interest in how language shapes thought is also pretty heavy. Learning more vocabulary helps facilitate the composition of thoughts. Again, it's an arsenal. The more types of ammunition or weapons you have the more ways you can make powerful points or impactful conversation.

A lot of how I talk or write is wrapped up in simply exposing myself to enough deviations on phrases, words or notions. I have an odd love for synonyms. I have a little game that I play with myself when I post where if I'm emphasizing a point I try to phrase it with different words while maintaining the intent.

Not sure if any of that makes sense.. but I can't really recommend any particular avenue for composition aside from learning the language to the best of your ability, especially vocabulary. Audiobooks help a lot actually..

Learning other language devises of comparison is also very helpful. Simile, analogy and all those other junior high school english book chapters honestly are what continue to help me compose my thoughts and words to this day. =)

mG Dalathiir

04-28-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
I'm going to reiterate a few things:

1) Neither I nor Morello know the price of the skin.

2) Neither I nor Morello know anything about any revisiting of Twisted Fate.

3) Neither I nor Morello know when the skin will be released.

Hopefully that makes it clear for those particular points.

EDIT: had to correct wording.

I urge you to make the price double a normal legendary... that way its not instantly the ONLY ezreal out there. I wanna feel special when I play as him! lol

Xenophontes555

04-28-2012

Quote:
Dalathiir:
I urge you to make the price double a normal legendary... that way its not instantly the ONLY ezreal out there. I wanna feel special when I play as him! lol

no...all i have saved up is enough for the normal price of a legendary

Abjurant

04-28-2012

omg i love star trek next gen, and i still watch it!

picard memes are the best aswell

Roadface

04-28-2012

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder how long until the skin is out?

FisTofHeaven3

04-28-2012

Can't wait to see it released.