Will we get Pulsefire Ezreal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattlezoneEN

04-26-2012

Rocketeer tristana? Where

Shinzoku

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rthx View Post
Hey IronStylus. May I ask you a question regarding PFE?

Was the splash art redone? If so, have you seen it? If so, what level of epicness would be the appropiate to describe it?

Thank you in advance.
Kind Parrot Sir, I know you like drawing things, I do so too, and I'm really curious about this particular question. Would you mind giving us some insight about the matter?

Hologue

04-26-2012

Alright, I can understand you defending yourself, but if it's this special of a skin that's also gone through a lot of work and stages, then do something special for it. Don't make a less than a minute long preview for it like what happened with the Galio skin.

Is there any way you could show off what stages it went through? All the concept art and ideas that people threw around for it, etc? That'd be neat. Not only because it's an amazing skin, but if you guys are really as hyped as you say you are (I have no doubt I'd be to if I was in your position) then there's got to be some neat things it has gone through.

It's just cool to see something small build up into something amazing.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-26-2012
34 of 95 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rthx View Post
Kind Parrot Sir, I know you like drawing things, I do so too, and I'm really curious about this particular question. Would you mind giving us some insight about the matter?
Yes, we are redoing the splash as the new features PFE has need to be reflected in the updated art.

All I can really say about the quality is that it's really darn cool =)

ShadyElf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yes, we are redoing the splash as the new features PFE has need to be reflected in the updated art.

You keep saying it's cool so I think you guys are changing Pulsefire Ezreal from Megaman to Mr. Freeze.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-26-2012
35 of 95 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologue View Post
Alright, I can understand you defending yourself, but if it's this special of a skin that's also gone through a lot of work and stages, then do something special for it. Don't make a less than a minute long preview for it like what happened with the Galio skin.

Is there any way you could show off what stages it went through? All the concept art and ideas that people threw around for it, etc? That'd be neat. Not only because it's an amazing skin, but if you guys are really as hyped as you say you are (I have no doubt I'd be to if I was in your position) then there's got to be some neat things it has gone through.

It's just cool to see something small build up into something amazing.
We are hyped, but let's be clear, we're trying not to actively hype, we're trying to clarify how we came to this point and express that more features are being added.

I would very much like to participate in a spotlight of sorts showcasing how we developed the skin and it's various features. I'm hoping something like this will be possible for many releases going forward. I'm not sure what plans are currently but it's definitely something I'd like to see us do.

I'd love to show you what components I worked on and I'm sure other artists would love to showcase what their contributions were! I'm very glad that so many people are that interested in the process. It's very validating especially to artists to have people interested in seeing our process and how dedicated we try to be =)

Shinzoku

04-26-2012

Quote:

I plan on making a vinyl poster out of it, so you guys better make that stylus sweat!

Thank you for the answer

B0ndage

04-26-2012

Quote:
We are hyped, but let's be clear, we're trying not to actively hype, we're trying to clarify how we came to this point and express that more features are being added.

I would very much like to participate in a spotlight of sorts showcasing how we developed the skin and it's various features. I'm hoping something like this will be possible for many releases going forward. I'm not sure what plans are currently but it's definitely something I'd like to see us do.

I'd love to show you what components I worked on and I'm sure other artists would love to showcase what their contributions were! I'm very glad that so many people are that interested in the process. It's very validating especially to artists to have people interested in seeing our process and how dedicated we try to be =)
Unless that new skin is an entire new champion, which needs balancing. I just don't buy how long it takes.
New skin op.

Demonyte

04-26-2012

Yea.. I hope there will be a trailer for PUlsefire.. Cause Galio legendary skin just popped put of nowhere w/o any trailer what soever

Zinwrath

04-26-2012

Iron. You kinda dodged the point of the one guys post with a wall of text. Releasing a legendary seems to be something that is spaced out over several months. The release of the galio legendary is condemning in the fact that it tells us that the ezreal legendary will not be out for another 4-5 months. This is why people are upset. Because they wanna beleive that it could come out any patch now...but that makes a lot of people feel like.."meh...i guess this skin is "coming soon" the same way the stealth rework is.