why is ranked so hard for people to understand

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackJesus101

03-06-2012

elo doesnt matter just communication i hate noone more that auto lock champs with questionable value to most team comps at best and then demand a role that has already been taken eg a guy decides to take top after asking if anyone else wanted to go top (during bans) then the very next pixk some ****** autolocks yi then says i go top cho go support.
these *******/trolls/little kids playing on their siblings account can ruin a game b4 champ select is even finished really wish u could vote to kick these people in champ select without losing any elo urself

Ðetöx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

I also really disagree with this, the chances of the first pick being good enough to carry the entire team solo is not very good. I can't play support, I'm too aggressive and I suck at it, so if my team makes me go support, I always fail... (Which is why I specifically say "Dibs on anything but support")

Because I occasionally am at the bottom (floating around 1200 still) I get stuck with support every now and then, and we lose specifically because of it.

There's no sense in making the person with the lowest ranking take a role they suck at... There needs to be some form of comprimise. (Which is why I'll take whatever is needed that isn't support.. if not I end up going like support sion or some misc champ with a stun, where I can jump off support at some point.) [It usually doesn't work anyways]

Xsilverpheonix

03-07-2012

I don't agree with this at all. As long as there's people that think they DESERVE a certain role because of their ELO is mistaken. If in a game there was a 1200 ELO kid and a 2100 ELO kid I would definitely give the 2100 what they want. In 1400 ELO, everyone is the same. Top pick is by no means better than bottom picks. In fact, easily countered positions (top and mid), should be the last two picks. I can be worse than first pick, but if I counter brand with Annie (lololol), then it doesn't matter.

My 2 Cents

vulgarwolf

03-07-2012

i would imagine in 1400 elo that evrybody can play all roles..i am talking the elo hell where last pick claims a lane...and then when somebody higher decides they want that lane..the last player rages because they called it first!!!

Xsilverpheonix

03-08-2012

Everyone in that ELO should still be as competent as everyone on the team. I mean that's why you're not playing 2100 ELO players in the 1200 bracket. In fact, that last person might be the 2100 twink that is gonna carry your ass our of ELO.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

The real issue is the attitude and approach people take. When last pick immediately calls "I'm mid" with no explanation, it's easily read negatively and immediately starts degrading teamwork. Saying "I'd like to mid with [champ] or [champ]" or "please don't make me play [role], I'm terrible at it" is far more likely to be well received. People would be well served to stop being lazy and type full sentences with actual details.

Big Skler

03-08-2012

I hate it when people say "I'm bad at <role>." No offense, but if you can't be passable in every role you shouldn't be playing ranked.

I used to be that guy (I strictly played AP mids, and was really good at just being an AP mid) and I'd lose games because sometimes we had other people who were only good at AP mid. You won't be capable of winning a lot unless you, or your team, is flexible. I just sigh when three people say "I can only mid/top."

It isn't hard to learn other roles, and if you can't play them all you probably aren't very good. It isn't rocket science to understand jungle routes and which lanes they should be ganking, it isn't hard to learn any other role either. Be at least competent at all the roles, then que up. Let the team know what your best roles are or if you're really good against certain champs ("OMG he picked warwick! I'm really good against Warwick!"), but other than that just talk about teamcomp. Maybe you'll get that role you really wanted this game, maybe somebody else can fill it better.

You're limiting the team by being inflexible and are likely the cause of the loss if you aren't open to filling the role your team needs. This doesn't mean first pick gets to choose their lane automatically (they should stay away from top and mid unless somebody is willing to pick later and swap) either. Talk to your team and be flexible to win games.

tl;dr: Don't be the weakest link on your time by being incapable of playing all roles at a decent level. I don't care if you play top at 2000 ELO, you're not good if you can't even play AD at the 1200 level. First picks, stop pretending you're more important than anyone else. Also, you should not be top or mid because lolcountered.

Xsilverpheonix

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Skler View Post
I hate it when people say "I'm bad at <role>." No offense, but if you can't be passable in every role you shouldn't be playing ranked.

I used to be that guy (I strictly played AP mids, and was really good at just being an AP mid) and I'd lose games because sometimes we had other people who were only good at AP mid. You won't be capable of winning a lot unless you, or your team, is flexible. I just sigh when three people say "I can only mid/top."

It isn't hard to learn other roles, and if you can't play them all you probably aren't very good. It isn't rocket science to understand jungle routes and which lanes they should be ganking, it isn't hard to learn any other role either. Be at least competent at all the roles, then que up. Let the team know what your best roles are or if you're really good against certain champs ("OMG he picked warwick! I'm really good against Warwick!"), but other than that just talk about teamcomp. Maybe you'll get that role you really wanted this game, maybe somebody else can fill it better.

You're limiting the team by being inflexible and are likely the cause of the loss if you aren't open to filling the role your team needs. This doesn't mean first pick gets to choose their lane automatically (they should stay away from top and mid unless somebody is willing to pick later and swap) either. Talk to your team and be flexible to win games.

tl;dr: Don't be the weakest link on your time by being incapable of playing all roles at a decent level. I don't care if you play top at 2000 ELO, you're not good if you can't even play AD at the 1200 level. First picks, stop pretending you're more important than anyone else. Also, you should not be top or mid because lolcountered.
Well said

Viscosity Factor

03-08-2012

I usually say what I'm bad at and hope they don't stick me there (jungle)

If they do, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

BlackJesus101

03-08-2012

it just communication those people that are first pick and tell others to f-off do the same thing when they are last pick often when the lane is already taken they screw up games because they cant learn to compromise at all