starting to get into 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

speedypeng456

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

so my friends and i have been playing solely on 5v5 map..and we r thinking about switching to a 3v3 map setting for a change

where what i hear, twisted tree line is played very differently from summoners rift

so i have a couple questions

1) is it 1 top 2 bottom? or is it usually 1 top 1 bot and 1 jungler?
2) if jungler exist, what are some general routes?
3) what is the usual team compsition? tank + carry + support?

Oscar the Grouch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

3) what is the usual team compsition? tank + carry + support?[/QUOTE]

1--- start "gank bot bush"
2-- normal no jungler just wriggles
3-- 2 ad bruiser 1 ap bruiser

XaoXao27

06-22-2012

it is played differently for sure. 1 top, 2 bottom. rarely see a jungler, in that case you can approach it many different ways. 2 top 1 bot can prevent your top carry from being steamrolled. just 1 example.
team comps are usually 2 melee ad bruisers with an ap. tank as a third works well too if your ad can control the jungle buffs.
wriggles is almost mandatory, control of the jungle will make or break it. always ward top and mid. oh and dont rush bottom bush like the last guy said, only noobs do that.
well hope that helps a bit

Zionyx

06-22-2012

1) You want jungle yes.
2) Routes in TT don't exist, you need to adapt your jungeling depending on how the game is going.
3) Jungler, ad bruiser top and AP bot is what I see most commonly played in high elo.

Other possible composition possible that I heard is more common in europe is ad carry and support bottom + bruiser with smite top.

Black Ice 003

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedypeng456 View Post
so my friends and i have been playing solely on 5v5 map..and we r thinking about switching to a 3v3 map setting for a change

where what i hear, twisted tree line is played very differently from summoners rift

so i have a couple questions

3) what is the usual team compsition? tank + carry + support?
1 - Generally, yes. But I have seen jungling work, it fully depends on who and how good that jungler is. Personally I don't suggest it, as if people ward the top and mid, you can watch as enemy goes for the bush. As guy above said, wriggles always helps, but you can just buy wards.

2 - I haven't seen a jungler in my team before (mind you, I've played over 2k games), so can't say about the route, jungler (and I'm talking PURE junglers) is that rare on TT. When I go for the bush, I start out by laning top, harass or kill enemy laner, followed by warding the top and going for the jungle while laner healing or ressurecting and while watching bottom two enemy, making sure they're laning against your bot two. Red buff can be obtained whenever convenient (sorry not really specific).

3 - Usually it's two melee champs with one ranged, but tanks also work, especially if the two melee champs are focusing solely on their dmg potential, since it always helps to have someone to tank through the turret when pushing. Mind you, one of the two melees can also be AP or tank themselves & one ranged can be AD or AP.
Of course there is no absolute rules on the team comp. and there are extreme examples, such as having three tanks, which CAN be absolutely annoying or having three ranged AD (but latter hardly works well).

Hope that helps.
Ice