How can i lower my ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eternus Situs

05-17-2012

As everyonen else has said, only internet provider or moving closer to the servers will help, however 100 ping is extremely playable. I play and so do all of my friends with arond 230 ping, we live in Australia, and still do pretty well. So i would say that you should be able to play at your ping with no problem

juicebox244

05-17-2012

my ping is just plain crazy, when it's early in the morning (not late at night) it's around 30 and climbs up to around 100 by midnight, then drops down again at about 4 am, i think it's because of the huge amount of players in my area or something like that

Cfattie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPewPew View Post
How the hell do you play with 10-20 fps o.O
I have an average of 50-60 and whenever it drops to 30, i start failing hard xD
^First World Gamer.

I play on a $300 laptop with an average of 14 fps, with 10 second lag spikes every now and then.

My fps never hits 30.

Budget Gaming ftw.

EzraTwitch

05-18-2012

I!!!UNINSTALL PANDO MEDIA BOOSTER!!!

I know you are thinking "What is this I dont have this installed".

Trust me you do, find it in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it.

Notice an immediate improvement in ping.

EzraTwitch

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicebox244 View Post
my ping is just plain crazy, when it's early in the morning (not late at night) it's around 30 and climbs up to around 100 by midnight, then drops down again at about 4 am, i think it's because of the huge amount of players in my area or something like that
This a direct result of Pando Media Booster switching on when people download the game/patch in your area.

UNINSTALL

alaskaneagle

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPewPew View Post
How the hell do you play with 10-20 fps o.O
I have an average of 50-60 and whenever it drops to 30, i start failing hard xD

The thing I find hularious is... I only get 10-20 fps...lol

when it drops to 8 to 5fps it looks like stop animation but I usualy manage to play really well and over come my enemies most of the time.

I wonder if I'll be able to play as well when I get a new comp and good fps... On the other hand my ping is pretty much constant (unless riot is having issues) at 50.

congratz on the fps. I'ma have to try lol out on a better comp.

Fusrodahn

05-18-2012

Well I have like 30 ping usually...and my friends have told me from the very beginning it's because I live near their server. Which is true. I do live in SoCal, but I think internet connection also helps it as well. I tried playing using someone else's wireless connection [which only had 2 bars as opposed to my regular 4-5] and my ping would jump to 600. I was still in the exact same area as I normally play so yeah...I'd check on how your internet connection is.

Thedragonfiend

05-18-2012

Just the usual methods

Reduce internet usage while gaming
Optimize your tcp settings (minor but sometimes noticeable change)
Etc

ninjalee10328

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcooper View Post
Right now i get around 100 or little less around 90-100. My question is there any way to help ping or it it just because im not that close to server. Most people i see have 50ping or under is 100 playable?
dude i wish i had your problem, my ping goes from 200's spikes to 999 and then goes down to 120 the least for like 2 seconds and then ranges around 250's-300's it honestly sucks. Lag is going to be the reason why i legit stop playing this. It's sooo annoying and it ruins the game for me and my team. I got kicked from my ranked team "temporarily" because of it

brandonbh

05-13-2013

My ping in game is over 600, and i have 8gb RAM, Intel core i5 and over a terabyte of storage. I don't have a graphics card, is that an easy solution to having too much ping?
Also I have 30 max FPS, would a graphics card fix that too?
Please respond