How can i lower my ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooper112

03-05-2012

Right now i get around 100 or little less around 90-100. My question is there any way to help ping or it it just because im not that close to server. Most people i see have 50ping or under is 100 playable?

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Basically you need to be closer to the server, or get better internet.

I am always at 118 on the US server, and 122 or so on the EU West server. I also live in the Northeast.
So I play higher than you all the time. Below 300 you don't honestly notice a difference.

Vapeurs

03-05-2012

I think more important than your ping, is your fps, although I may be wrong. I have like a 60 ping, but only 10-20 fps usually. Its playable, but annoying when it drops to 5 fps, rarely, and everything moves like a slideshow. I'm not good with computers, so have no real advice on improving it.

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
I think more important than your ping, is your fps, although I may be wrong. I have like a 60 ping, but only 10-20 fps usually. Its playable, but annoying when it drops to 5 fps, rarely, and everything moves like a slideshow. I'm not good with computers, so have no real advice on improving it.
How the hell do you play with 10-20 fps o.O
I have an average of 50-60 and whenever it drops to 30, i start failing hard xD

Cooper112

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
Basically you need to be closer to the server, or get better internet.

I am always at 118 on the US server, and 122 or so on the EU West server. I also live in the Northeast.
So I play higher than you all the time. Below 300 you don't honestly notice a difference.
Sadly i have best internet in my area its prob quite slow by standards in bigger city's.

Also i live in east of Canada near US border just north of new york. Not sure where server is located i assume US one will be better than UK for me.

Jixson

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper56 View Post
Sadly i have best internet in my area its prob quite slow by standards in bigger city's.

Also i live in east of Canada near US border just north of new york. Not sure where server is located i assume US one will be better than UK for me.
To be honest I think the server is at Riot Headquarters. In California. So me and you are going to be about the same distance between it and the EU West one, which is in Ireland I believe. Somewhere in the United Kingdom at least.

We are kind of in the middle of both, so my range of 98(very rare)-122 on the US server is usually 117-124 on the EU West server should be close to accurate for you as well. I am about 30 miles from the Canadian border, so I don't think we can get much better sadly.

Sxq

03-05-2012

I get 80-100 ping, and it's not really noticeable at that level. I'd honestly say it's not an issue unless you get into the 150-200 level, although players at a professional level might disagree.

Short of getting a better internet provider or moving closer to Riot's servers there's probably nothing you can do.

Cooper112

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
To be honest I think the server is at Riot Headquarters. In California. So me and you are going to be about the same distance between it and the EU West one, which is in Ireland I believe. Somewhere in the United Kingdom at least.

We are kind of in the middle of both, so my range of 98(very rare)-122 on the US server is usually 117-124 on the EU West server should be close to accurate for you as well. I am about 30 miles from the Canadian border, so I don't think we can get much better sadly.
I wish riot would do an east coast server in US. Honestly it would be good for both sides people on east would have better ping server and west can use same one.

qmikrokosmos

05-17-2012

And then, there's people who live in Australia.

Kirielis

05-17-2012

Honestly, it's not impossible to make plat on 150-200 ping. I know (of) a couple of people who do that. They also say 300 ping is downright impossible, and I'm going to respectfully disagree, but 300 does significantly limit my champion selection. For example, don't play Karthus in lag, but as long as your ping is stable, AP Kog will do you just fine.

As for actually improving ping, only your internet provider and location in the world affect that.