Thornmail :(

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furied

03-04-2012

The majority of the strongest champions on dominion are AD based, mostly tanky dps. Thornmail has limited utility on summoners rift where team comps are more balanced, but on dominion they can wreck certain teams.

The ImageShack link below is a screenshot of a results screen, showing how devistating thornmail is.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1...ethornmail.png

The enemy team built 4 thornmails late game and ruined us, even though we had led by 100+ earlier. The biggest reason for this is the change to Starks fervor (now zeke's herald), which removed a vital source of lifesteal for carry and AD assassin type champions, in favor of giving supports an extra aura.

iProbie

03-04-2012

this is why a balance between magic and physical damage is still important in dominion

even if ad champs seem tempting, you have to live with the risk of enemies stacking armor if your team is all ad.

from the looks of the screenshot:
your morde and lux didn't do well in terms of bringing ap damage to the table, blame them instead

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Of course thornmail is going to wreck ad heavy teams, that's why you throw some ap guys in there too.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

I've had two yi's tonight go bot against me doing PD/IE builds while I was urgot. Once thornmail went up it was pretty much steam roll from then on.

Stralucire

03-04-2012

AD champs who rely on auto-attack are generally one trick ponies, what do you expect? Complaining about Thornmail is like complaining that you can't play well as Veigar against an AD champ who builds Leviathan or Odyn's.

Hugs From Momma

03-04-2012

brb hubble

GoldenTakeshi

03-04-2012

dont build all AD auto attackers ftw?

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furied View Post
The enemy team built 4 thornmails late game and ruined us, even though we had led by 100+ earlier.
well, graves and irelia were the only auto-attackers on your team--alistar, lux, and morde shouldn't have been affected by thornmail much at all. also, irelia had up to 105 magic resist from items (and somewhere between 55 and 85 from base + runes + masteries), and she had sanguine blade + hiten style, so i don't think it was really affecting her much either.

i think the thornmails shut graves down more so than the entire team. well, you know, on top of the randuin's and frozen heart. man...that team was really out to get you, huh?

generally speaking, iprobie is right--you need a mix of damage types, and your team needs to be able to bring a decent amount of it into any given fight. also, lots of hard cc helps. like, a ton.

Yaladilae

03-05-2012

I play AD carry, i still build Zeke

In fact, if you have another AD carry who also has zeke, omg...

Draydan

03-05-2012

Sell IE, get Black Cleaver?

Edit: yeah, downvote me juniors