Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My LoL client has unstable FPS (40-80)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

Hello, I've recently reformatted to W7, and started to experience unstable FPS in LoL after it. Whenever I start the game it would be running anywhere from 60-80 FPS (its noticeable and effecting my game play), and if I where to run a resource heavy program in the background it would drop to 40 but still sporadically spike to 80 as well every 2-3 seconds.

It feels like my game can't decide whether or not it wants to work properly, on top of that whenever I turn on Vertical Sync I would have to reinstall the game after one match. If I don't the match after that one doesn't load at all, giving my monitor a screen saying "NOT SUPPORT!", on 2 occasions I've gotten a leave because of this(unranked thankfully).

I've tried the slider (Stable, Benchmark, High), no matter the setting it still reacts unstable (If I put 60 FPS as the limit it will still go beyond that into 80, and if nothing else is on in the background even 120). I have all my drivers upgraded, I'm running a Radeon 5750 with a AMD Phenom II Black Edition (both stock clock) and 4 gigs of borderline DDR2 ram.

Please help someone .

AquRatoP

07-30-2010

60-80 FPS???
wtf i just get to 50 fps
i can be lucky if i get 40fps during the game.

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

Well even though the game states I have high FPS, since it's going from 1 extreme scale to another and back its causing these noticeable hiccups in the game that hurt me a lot. I haven't really been able to play for a week to my full extent because of it.

Lifprasir

07-30-2010

dude I never got past 35FPS, ... I have my graphics running on the lowest settings possible. >_>..

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

Bumping, this is making my game almost unplayable. A red please post help.

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

Bumping, would be nice if I could get some help :/

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

Bumping.

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

o look no reply

bumping

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

I must bump some more, Halp.

C9 HAl

07-30-2010

bump