Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When to Upgrade HoG and Philo Stone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhackedMaki

03-05-2012

Quote:
Traiborn:
I don't support often, but when i do i upgrade my gold per 10 items last. Seeing as support items can be pretty expensive when you're not getting kills or much Cs.
Not sure if this is the "best" thing to do, but it works for me.

As soon as I started reading your comment, it was in the voice of the most interesting man on the earth, from those commercials. "I don't X often, but when I do, I Y."

Anyway, on topic, I make Reverie as soon as able after getting both of the two and upgraded boots. I usually upgrade Heart of Gold after I've gotten everything else, as I still want some passive income up to that point.

acosn

03-05-2012

mid-ish game. Shurelia's can be done early, but unless you're a tank most of the advantage in Randuin's comes from the component items- that on-use effect only gets most of it's use from initiation.

Thundarianjunk

03-06-2012

It's very hard to say, and depends a lot on if you are running Gp5 quints / seals.

You want to have enough gold rolling in to keep the map warded and working towards other items. I think a lot of supports make the mistake of upgrading TOO early. An early shurellias is nice, but if it comes at the cost of other things, it could be very bad. Also are you running 2 gp5 or 3? If you have the kages pick, then upgrade at will imo. If you plan on playing 2, I think you should delay the shurellias until mid game until you have some pieces you need towards an aegis, or boots 2, or oracles, etc.

(note if the other team rushes one, you should probably counter)