Drakur, the Flightless Might

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madballa007

02-02-2013

Drakur, The Flightless Might
Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Tank, Jungler
Health:432(+89)
Health Regen:7(+.95)
Mana:200(+50)
Mana Regen:6.4(+.55)
Range: 125
Attack Damage:51.7(+3.5)
Attack Speed:0.613(+3.4%)
Armor:20(+3.75)
Magic Resist: 30(+1.25
Move Speed: 345

Abilities:
Passive: Adjusting Armor- Drakur gains 2.5/5/7.5/10 armor when dealt physical damage or magic resist when dealt magic damage. Stacks up to 5 times and stacks last 10 seconds.

Q: Frost Breath- Drakur breathes an enhanced chilled breath in a cone rooting enemies and dealing magic damage.
Cooldown: 11 seconds
Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Magic Damage: 75/120/165/210/255(+.6AP)
Root Duration: .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5
Range: 600
Cone Width: 50
W: Swing Wing- Drakur swings his wings around him dealing magic damage to those around him.
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Mana Cost:20/25/30/35/40
Magic Damage: 70/100/130/160/190(+.3AP)(+.4 Total AD)

E: Work in Progress taking Suggestions

R: Drakur's Dive- Drakur hurls himself on his stomach to a targeted area knocking back enemies in the way and stunning them dealing magic damage.
Range: 1200
Diameter of knockback area: 400
Missle Speed: 1200
Stun Duration: 1 second
Magic Damage: 350/425/500(+.7 AP)

Deep with in Freljord, on the Avarosa Iceflow Glacier there lives a tribe of Sphenisic, a penguin-like people who have lived there for many years. Having existed on the barren wastes of Freljord has toughened them and many have become strong warriors. Drakur was the strongest of these and has led his people on hunts for food. The Sphenisic people had battled with the Ursine in the past but had become strong allies in recent times due to the strive for unification amongst Freljord. Drakur was opposed to this alliance believing that the Ursine would eventually turn on the Sphenisic and drive them from their homes as the larger species.
Drakur was on a hunt with the rest of the villages warriors when he came upon an Ursine tribe also on the hunt. Noticing that the chief of the Ursine was leading the hunt, Drakur decided that fate had handed him a perfect chance to preemptively strike a blow in the coming battle. Attacking the chief when he was alone, Drakur slay him and survived with a scar over his eye. After hearing of the alliance between the Ursine and the tribe of the Frost Archer between the old tribe's brother Volibear and Queen Ashe, Drakur decided that it was his duty to his people to seek out the Ursine on the Fields of Justice to prove to him that the S*****ic were not a defenseless people.

This is my second champ and I'm really looking for feedback and any suggestions about the third ability. Drakur ,if you haven't figured it out, is a large armored penguin.

Madballa007

02-02-2013

bump

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Your base attack speed seems really low for a melee champ. The per level bonus is also a bit high.

Passive reminds me a lot of Graves' passive, but that only grants him 1/2/3 per second with 10 stacks (10/20/30) Yours stacks quicker and ends up with a higher end result (12.5/25/37.5/50). 50 armor is a lot to get for free. Wukong's passive also grants him 4/6/8 armor per enemy champion, capping out at 20/30/40 only when there are 5 enemies present. I understand what you are trying to do here (increasing resilience to a certain type of attack) but your values are too high. I do feel that the mechanic is different enough, though.

Q - seems fine. Lacking synergy though.

W - the most boring skill ever. This skill offers no secondary effects, no synergy, and no innovation. If you wanted to make it interesting, at least increase the cooldown a bit more to be on par with Katarina's W, and make it shatter the enemies you snare with your Q for bonus damage. The base damage is also way too high for the super short cooldown.

E - you need mobility and a gap closer here.

R - the damage is too high for an instant long range spell. Shyvana's ultimate already does this knockback/dash effect without the stun. You also neglect a cooldown in the description. This just doesn't seem worthy of an ultimate ability to me. If you want, this would make a good gap closer to go for E, nerf the damage a ton, nerf the range to about Sejuani's dash, and keep the stun/knockback and make a new ultimate.

You also missed the 'h' in Sphenisic in the last line. the reason it's ***'d out is because Sphenisic so you might want to change the name.

Reminds me a lot of what I did with my penguin champ: Penny, the Pendjin Warrior... almost too similar in fact...

Definitely needs some work. To recap, nerf the passive, add some more synergy, nerf your ulti and make it E, and remake your ultimate.

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Aesthetics:
A giant armored penguin. I can imagine the guy waddlin' around like a maniac, especially with Homeguard. Seems like a very comedic character all around, but it looks like there's more to him than a simple joke, if the lore is anything to go by...

Lore:
So Drakur's people, the Sphenisic, were rivals with the Ursine. And despite their tribe's efforts at establishing peace, Drakur believes that it's only a matter of time before the Ursine will overtake the Sphenisic once more. So, he decides he needs to strike first.

I was not expecting that. It seems to me that Drakur is a renegade whose actions may very well endanger his own people along with his enemies. It's actually a pretty compelling trait for him to be the "shoot first, ask questions never" kind of guy. I'm liking what I see so far.

Skills:

Quote:
Passive: Adjusting Armor- Drakur gains 2.5/5/7.5/10 armor when dealt physical damage or magic resist when dealt magic damage. Stacks up to 5 times and stacks last 10 seconds.
So Drakur is looking a bit tanky with a passive like this. It's kind of like Graves' passive, except it focuses on one kind of resistance instead of just both. It's much more potent as well, but i'm not sure if it's overpowered.

Another thing I'm not sure I get is where you're coming from with the name. Doesn't sound like anything related to penguins or snow or anything arctic in general.

Quote:
Q: Frost Breath- Drakur breathes an enhanced chilled breath in a cone rooting enemies and dealing magic damage.
A bit standard, but nothing bad. It's uncommon for an ability that has CC being able to affect multiple opponents, at least not in a very reliable manner, but a champion that does do that would have something unique in his skillset.

Quote:
W: Swing Wing- Drakur swings his wings around him dealing magic damage to those around him.
Again, bit basic, though I do see something along the lines of a combo forming. Hold your targets in place with Frost Breath, and follow up with Swing Wing. It's not bad, but there's probably more to it than just two abilities.

Quote:
E: Work in Progress taking Suggestions
Hmm...Zarkof suggested that the ultimate could very well be moved to E with a few nerfs. I'll have to check out the ultimate to see what's up.

Quote:
R: Drakur's Dive- Drakur hurls himself on his stomach to a targeted area knocking back enemies in the way and stunning them dealing magic damage.
Ah, i'm not quite sure what to call this one. It seems like something you could easily convert to your E ability and allow your combo to flourish further with a decent initiation tool. Of course, that would require you to create an ultimate entirely from scratch.

If you like the idea of making that transition, I would suggest two things for the new ultimate. You could create something the encourages enemies to stay close to Drakur, like some Blizzard ability that does more damage to targets further away. You could also try an ability that would help him get a good initiation off. There are infinite other ideas, but i'll leave that to your discretion.

Final Thoughts:
Drakur has surprisingly strong character, due to his lore. I'm imagining what the full appearance would be, and I can't help but try and conjure an image of a badass penguin.

However the skillset is incomplete, and that's gonna need fixing. Furthermore the abilities that are complete could benefit from some added flavor, something to make the abilities pop out to the player. How you can make Drakur unique from the other concepts, that's something i'll have to leave to you.

I hope this review helps you out.