playing on Korean servers..not being a Korean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JiMPER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

I moved to Korea temporarily and i want to play LoL with my korean friends who just started. I want to play on the korean servers, but when I tried to dl the korean client I needed the korean version of a social security number or something called a "i-pin" i definitely dont have the first one and I have no idea what the second one is...
it would be really convinient to download the korean client as opposed to my friends all downloading the NA client...so if anyone knows any solutions plz respond!

Iaw

03-04-2012

Type in boxes.

Give em a dose of their own medicine.

Teemo Support GG

03-04-2012

If its anything like monster hunter frontier.(f2p mmo that is availble in korean format, and korean format requires you to have the korean citizenship IE social insurance number.)
You are **** outta luck.

EdgarAllanProse

03-04-2012

I think they require proof of you being a citizen or something in order for you to make an account.

auzreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Its the same thing here in china, you have to have a QQ number which is registered to their national id number.

My friends and I where able to play b/c we met locals that were willing to share a list of numbers that we could use to set up an account.

YummyHoagie

03-04-2012

There are "ways" to be able to play Korean games, it's just... kind of illegal.

Twerking Braixen

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyHoagie View Post
There are "ways" to be able to play Korean games, it's just... kind of illegal.
Discuss. While the mods are asleep.

sexy dan

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiMPER View Post
I moved to Korea temporarily and i want to play LoL with my korean friends who just started. I want to play on the korean servers, but when I tried to dl the korean client I needed the korean version of a social security number or something called a "i-pin" i definitely dont have the first one and I have no idea what the second one is...
it would be really convenient to download the korean client as opposed to my friends all downloading the NA client...so if anyone knows any solutions plz respond!
Yeah if you are not a Korean citizen but you are a legal resident of Korea, you can register for an i-pin with your resident registration number. Here is the link.

http://www.g-pin.go.kr

If you are ethnic Korean but you don't live in Korea (ie. 쿄포) you may also be able to apply for an i-pin but I have no idea how. If that is the case for you perhaps you should phone The Ministry of Public Administration and Security and ask them.

Fadingomen

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonimAsru View Post
Discuss. While the mods are asleep.
Quick, post some sinks too.