Best Solo Top/Jungler Champions (can do either)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

So, I've enjoyed playing champions that excel in 1v1 situations up top as well as can switch over and jungle. I was wondering if we could list out champions that can do either so I can see which champions I want to buy next:

Obviously these depend on the opponent, but I mean that in the right matchup they are viable at both
Ones that I own/play:
Cho'Gath
Nasus
Singed
Gangplank
Sion
Tryndamere

Ones that also excel:
Riven
Shyvana
Akali
Fiora
Pantheon
Jax
Lee Sin
Rumble
Nautilus
Trundle
Udyr
Warwick
Olaf

If you disagree with any of these, please post who and why. If you have a suggestion for another champ that would be viable, also please post who and why. Thanks! I just really like playing these types of champs. Probably because they excel at Twisted Treeline typically as well.

DarkJuggalo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

Udyr is boss solo top turtle/tiger and boss phoenix or tiger jungle. He's the bomb. Not many can toe to toe him in turtle/tiger with a stun.

Serphs

Recruiter

03-03-2012

Shyvanna, Riven, and Olaf.

Haricots

03-03-2012

Buy Udyr.
I though I knew what winning a lane was before I played Udyr, I was wrong. Udyr counters many traditional solo tops HARD.

wutisdisidonteve

03-03-2012

Shyvanna.

Quick Rawr

03-03-2012

Right, I have those. Are there any others beyond the list that I have?

And I'm either buying Udyr / Riven / Shyvana next. I've been leaning more towards Udyr since he's so unique. I love unique champs.

DarkJuggalo

03-03-2012

Udyr should be bought before riven or shyv

Quick Rawr

03-03-2012

Any other suggestions other than my list? Or anyone on that list that you guys would argue aren't viable?

wutisdisidonteve

03-04-2012

Akali, jax, and fiora are pretty bad tbh

shadowgift

03-04-2012

you forgot xin zhao...
hes a good jungler (cuz of his passive) and a good solo top (i didnt solo top often with him but it always goes wel)

build him classic tanky dps and its going to be easy