Why is Nocturne underplayed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

He has really good clear speed, and his ultimate gives him godlike ganks and good teamfight presence. Why is he not so popular compared with skarner,leesin,udyr?

Ninjaken

03-03-2012

underplayed? i got like 700 + games with him in ranked season 2. got plat and stayed in plat with him

Mastermind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

no ganks b4 lvl 6, fear is really unreliable, they can easily flash out / blink out with champion spells. And he's very vulnerable to counter jungling, while the other 3 u stated are very strong in all areas.

MidSoulNight

03-03-2012

Not so tanky as others junglers, his kit asks for ad, while skarner, shyvana and udyr can build tanky while dealing tons of damage.

GuiltyGecko

03-03-2012

For the most part, he just takes advantage of bad players who overextend. In Teamfights, he is a watered down AD carry who can chase runners. With that being said, he is still in my top 3 most used champs.

Arsenals

03-03-2012

He is far squishier than the others. Sure, he deals more damage, but they can be tanky and still deal good damage. His E nerf was also pretty stupid.

IS16e7c68f67142a

03-03-2012

Nerfed and people threw him out.

Sad really. While I do hate the fear nerf I can assure you, Nocturne will be back in the spotlight eventually.

(He's also super popular among the non-competitive crowd, just because of how cool he is.)

KobuZero

03-03-2012

He's not underplayed I see him all the time.

Carthias

03-03-2012

he's not underplayed? He's one of the few jungles who can actually put out very respectable damage past mid-game thanks to his steroids.

Tenmar

03-03-2012

Because while you can go Atmogs with nocturne doesn't make him the best or most effective ganker anymore or damage dealer. There are just champs that either do it better or can ensure getting their CC off faster without a wait time.

One of the biggest problems with Noc is that his fear just takes too long to proc to start an appropriate CC chain for a gank. Compared to more instant champs that stun or fear from range, Noc just trails off.

Also itemization hurts him, the majority of the community is just used to tanky junglers now so they expect atmogs. That isn't nocturnes dmg output so even with his Q boosting his AD to fill the gap it doesn't exactly make it efficient the moment you leave that trail.

Good champ but just too frail or you go counter to the point of playing Noc when you could of played Jarvan or god forbid even Xin Zhao.