Viable low level junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

highrez

03-02-2012

I've been interested in the concept of jungling for a while, but all of the jungling guides I've found assume full runes and masteries.

What champions can jungle well without runes? I have enough mastery points to get either Runic Affinity or Bladed Armor.

GreenJ

03-02-2012

I would say Warwick, he is very easy and good.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Without Runes is only a few. Warwick, Udyr does alright, Rammus is helped by runes but doesn't need them. Mummy is ok, but needs to start cloth armor then. Shaco probably can as well, might need a leash though.

StrategicPlan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Warwick, Nunu, Nocturne, Udyr, Shyvanna, Shen, Yi, and Shaco can jungle decently without runes. The ones that cost more IP are higher skill cap and more difficult to use in this case. Nunu, Warwick, and Master Yi are really easy junglers to learn.

AngeluzMG

03-02-2012

i like shaco or warwick

SilentNight102

03-02-2012

Shaco is probably your best low level jungle due to his ganks are amazing. Start with Jack in the box at blue or red which you can put about 3 or 4 down before minions spawn which act as a leash

Kuryaka

03-02-2012

-pokes head in here- I heard junglers. Cho was left out. Even without a leash I can clear jungle with 9 defense masteries. Hits level 4 around 4 minutes flat, his only weakness is no reliable CC in 1v1. His passive pretty much lets you jungle forever once you clear small camps quickly enough.

Also, "Cho hold lane" roughly translates to "clear the lane and heal a lot, then stand around" when you have that much AOE and a passive that gives you health per minion killed. Yum.

Amumu needs a leash to get blue. Most of the other suggestions above are good too. I'd just like to throw in the idea of going jungle Cho, especially since he's free this week.