You ever had this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-02-2012

So, I just played a game wherein I was tryndamere, because all the other tanky dps's I own were banned or taken, and we had a bit too much AP on the team. Not exactly my favorite choice, but whatever.

Now, I like to build sunfire in dominion instead of Fmallet because I feel it gives me a higher defense, and a good bit of aoe damage.

Game ends maybe two minutes after I got my atmas done, team has been *****ing at me for being bad and useless all game, right?

Well, they cited my KD ratio, which was 2/8/3. GP's, the highest on our team's, was 2/8/5, teemos, second highest(personal score, that is) was 1/7/7. only person with a near balanced KD ratio wass bottom point kassadin, who had 3/3/1, and he never engaged anything(still mannaged to insult me)

The entire enemy team has personal scores, save their 5th, that were higher than our first in score player, right? All of them had a KD ratio greater than 5/#/3, with the person with the most deaths on their team having a max of 4 deaths by games end.

Am I wrong in saying that my choice of sunfire instead of frozen mallet is perfectly fine, and that my team shouldn't insult a single player because we were all ****ting all over ourselves? I got called out for no damage, but I dont think 300 damage would have saved that team, and I think in terms of surviving to deal said damage instead of tons of damage but not being able to use it.

Melvear

03-02-2012

Mallet gives more raw hp, some damage and a proc that keeps target in melee range. Sunfire is not a bad item but it's not an item you want on a character like trynd. If you need armor, consider getting atma instead, or tabis if they have lots of AA, or even a Thornmail. 35 aoe damage per second is nothing unless you have massive staying power, which trynd doesn't have.

Kristhunder

03-02-2012

Sunfire is not an item Trynd should ever build, honestly.

Should you be insulted? Probably not.. but do expect players to not be thrilled with the choice.

Phourc

03-03-2012

The problem with a mediocre magic damage aura on trynd is tryn doesn't have the staying power or the mpen to make it even do mediocre magic damage - consider amumu, the only character I build sunfire on - he's extremely tanky and has both mpen marks + his passive mresist shred to make it worth anything.

What you could/should have done if you didn't want to finish the FMallet would be sit on the giant's belt and finish your Atmas... the upgrade to mallet really only gives you 25 ad and the passive, which if you're getting rolled you probably didn't need.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-03-2012

I dont actually play trynd, but we needed a tanky dps anyway.

Was doing fine until their first ace. Note as in first ace, we got three.

And I realize now that trynd is not a "normal" tanky dps if a tanky dps at all and not just ad melee, but me playing him any differently would not have changed that game in the least. Thank you for the input, though.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-08-2012

And actually, I go atmas + sunfire instead of fmallet + atmas in dom, is what I was saying.

Melvear

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hastur View Post
And actually, I go atmas + sunfire instead of fmallet + atmas in dom, is what I was saying.
And that's a bad choice.