Is smartcasting needed to master this game?

Yes, true pros master smartcasting 90 81.82%
No, I'm 1800+ and smart casting never stopped me. 20 18.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Smartcasting, Needed or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ˆMakotoˆ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

For someone who wants to slowly master this game (1800+ elo range) would you say that at that level, and even going up to that level. Learning how to smartcast is a must?

Share your reasoning behind your answer.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Yes, for the time it takes you to get the spell off.

WintersHeart666

03-02-2012

Depends who you play.

With a champ like veigar, who needs to get of all his skills in like <2 seconds, it is definitely needed.

I reckon learning it will make you a better player coz you'll be able to successfully get off any champs skills faster than you previously would

ˆMakotoˆ

03-02-2012

I personally have only tested Smart casting just once, and I did not do very well :P

ˆMakotoˆ

03-02-2012

bump

HMM IDK MAN

03-02-2012

I played for almost two years before trying it out. I wanted to play Ryze a few months ago and was told that Smart Cast is almost a necessity to play him well. I tried it out and completely loved it and never went back. I've converted a lot of people to use it as well and never met someone who didn't like it. Sure it can take some getting used to, but it's great. All I can say is play simple champions at first with it to get used to it, like Soraka or Ryze, then just keep playing others with it. I used to dislike playing Kog'maw, but now I play AP Kog'maw all the time and ulting people is tons of fun.

Merophe

03-02-2012

What exactly is smartcast? I've heard people say that it's a necessity for Cassiopeia's w, and since I play her I'd like to learn. Does it just show the range of the skill or does it automatically set it off? And how do you EXACTLY set it up?

HMM IDK MAN

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merophe View Post
What exactly is smartcast? I've heard people say that it's a necessity for Cassiopeia's w, and since I play her I'd like to learn. Does it just show the range of the skill or does it automatically set it off? And how do you EXACTLY set it up?
Normally you would hit the key, Q for example, then click where you want to use it. With smart cast, all you do is hover your mouse over the intended target/area, and hit Q. No clicking necessary.

hotfire

03-02-2012

I LOVE it and use it on every spell and item and summoners. You need to learn the distance of spells though, however i think there is a new option to show it on key press and cast on release.

Ankokukai

03-02-2012

for me, it depends on the champ im playing