[Guide] Twitch – The Rat Who Fell From Grace

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aznpanda26

01-24-2011

Nice, i just bought twitch yesterday and have won 3/4 games with your build, and have never gone negative KD.

But i always end up selling the 2 avarice blades late game for: phantom dancer, and black cleaver

i also never buy last whisperer, wits end is so much better because of the mana burn, its so funny watching mana dependant people panic when their mana drops to half in 5 seconds

Hellion13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

Thanks for the advice it really helped, ive alredy had twitch for a while and do pretty good with him if i do say so myself, but i agree i think do think you underestimate expunge. Anyway thanks for the advice. You did a great job.

Ventus72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Not exactly my favorite guide, but better than most of the other trash Twitch guides out there....

Denagul

07-08-2011

I think your build could go far if you would update it to today's changes such as you cannot stack avarices anymore

Debilitating poison could be used if you're side laning or maybe even roaming if you're willing to press your luck, not as great if you're willing to mid like the guide indicates you should

Expunge, like most people said in this thread, does do alot more damage than you think, and they're right...what if that tristanna just rocket jumps away to her turret, you won't get to her in time to finish her off, and that's what expunge is for

Your masteries are quite strange, they seem too much like a jungle build (hence the buff duration increase, the extra 10ms and the exp) you don't need all that. I suggest you get 11/19/0. Take crit +cripple if you take exhaust if not just take ap/lv then take atk speed (don't really need the cds as you said in the build) and just take armor pen 3/3
When it comes to taking def masteries I take 3 into armor and 3 into magic resist then take 2/3 into regen then take the 3 block damage and 1 block damage from minions then take 4/4 on hp (this is great it no longer makes me have to take hp quints) and finish off the last 3 points in AS and AP % (believe me it will matter throughout the whole game)
Utility shouldn't be taken unless you're jungling (which is possible believe it or not) or if side laning but not even if side laning

Due to your masteries...your new runes should be:
Armor penetration for marks (seriously no AD carry should ever ingnore these...you're still getting 25 armor pen in total from masteries and runes)
HP/level seals (due to the fact that not only you are soloing which will help you benefit from them more it also gives you a significant-enough amount of health throughout the game but they help alot with your durabillity in any case since you're already focusing on quite a bit of armor/magic res.
Magic res./level glyphs (mostly because you don't get any items that have magic resist and because you are solo you will be higher level than most people in the game)
Critical change Quintessences (like I mentioned you don't need hp quints and you're right you should at least have 5% crit chance at start and these runes allow you to have that)

Also one last thing I noticed on your build, you don't get life steal...almost never
That is an VERY important thing, if you get lifesteal you won't be so team-dependant. You might actually stand a chance against champions such as Olaf, and it doesn't just help out when fighting the enemy team it also makes you last longer in the lane. I suggest getting a Wriggle's lantern as a core item like around your 2nd or 3rd item

Good Luck and I hope my corrections make sense
Looking forward to the Twitch buffs (if there will be any)
Stay Smelly!

Denagul

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
Ive played a lot of twitch. He was my main levelling to 30. I doubted a lot of what your guide had to offer, but tried it anyhow, since id let the poor guy gather dust for some time, and wasn't having much luck with him.
the main differences between how i played him, and your method, is the focus on crit, and debil over expunge.

In the very early game, I find myself losing out on a number of kills due to expunge not being there for a killing blow, but once mid rolled around, holy RATBALLS did I find debil. SO much better! As soon as your damage ramps up to make those extra autoattacks hit harder than expunge (after the lane phase pretty much), the difference is just staggering. Not to mention the teamfight utility of having a full screen 5 second slow 0.o
I just grab a rank of expunge at lvl 1, 2, or 3 depending on my opponents, then leave it alone. more games than not, its worth at least one kill.

one thing worth noting, which Id reccomend you add to your guide, is the simple factoid that poison, with full stacks, is gonna tick away on your retreating victim for 96/192/288/384 (minus MR). I'd never bothered to tally that up before, but the numbers are worth seeing, and another point in debils favour.
Also, the main failing point of most lvl30 twitches, is they try far too hard to gank all game. A good team gets wise to this, and you spend a lot of time sitting in the bushes, or walk into a lot of traps, and either way, find yourself underlevelled. I've had much greater success playing him like a regular ranged dps/support dps, with emphasis on positioning, and opportunistic stikes.

One more tip: with flash in hand, you're an amazing solo pusher. You hit hard enough to really put some hurt on the turret. When they come for you, just flash over the wall and stealth...just dont burn your ambush CD on the attack speed boost unless your sure they're not coming for you just yet

the focus on crit also came with great reward. I built two avarice blades regularly, but then went with ghostblade, since its active synergizes nicely with ambush.
fusk that noise. Rushing IE yields far greater rewards.

first game with your build, I went 15/2, with a triple kill (would have been a quadra kill, but I took a lil too long finishing off the last one...but to be fair, they all grouped up in the jungle for PnS =p)

@D2Freak
...AP twitch? Seriously?.....like, seriously? have you ever....played...twitch? Your armchair quarterback is showing.
910 damage to their entire team is lovely and all, but all your getting is flat 400-MR out of your AP. Buy AD/crit instead, and you'll do more damage than that in one crit
Actually it's a great idea because as AD twitch you need time to deal your damage whereas AP twitch...all he needs are 4-5 shots cast expunge then plan your retreat (if any of the enemy is going for you but that's situational dpenedant right?)

Denagul

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
I can't agree less to what you have said, its regardless of how you look at it, the venom timer renews every time you attack the target, at 6 stacks with each additional attack, it just resets the timer back to 0 and renews the poison for it to work 8 more seconds.

At this rate, meaning that each of your attack is stacking poison damage regardless of if you use explunge or not, because when you lets say for example shoot a target for 6 shots, they tick inbetween each added tick and deal additional damage, then you use explunge and get rid of them for a burst of damage that doesn't exceed 380.

While it works the same if you don't use explunge, the poison stacks and deals additional damage until you reach 6 stacks aswell, but you just don't use explunge to blow the target up and leave it run away while the poison ticks.

Note that maxed poison at 8 stacks can't be overhealed by potions since it deals 48 damage per second, whilst a potion only heals for 10 health a second and people don't use potions much at that point.

Also cleanse does not remove the poison stacks anymore, so if a target is on low health when you let it run off with the poison, then you'll most likely get the kill.
If you leave the target with just the posion stacks it will be approximately just a bit less damage than if you're using expunge, but the real deal is that if that individual has some regeneration...it can screw you over, even a simple hp pot will still keep the poison almost not even touching him/her

Lawful

10-14-2011

The guide is pretty much outdated at this point and utterly useless since Twitch has actually been neckbottled by riot and killed of as a champion in all regards.

If you are still trying to play Twitch up to this day , my advice would be
-Don't bother, you are wasting your time and you'll have a much more pleasant experience if you play any other champion.

GrandBreaker

11-23-2011

Supposedly Riot is going to adopt a new stealth mechanic for Twitch and Eve, or rather an old one since its the same mechanic Nighthound uses over on Heroes of New Earth. Basically once twitch gets stealth hes PERMENANTLY stealthed until he does an action. Not attacking something for like 3 seconds makes him restealth and of course taking damage will delay the stealth by a small bit. Adding points to his stealth ability will simply make his stealth time faster, probably down to like 1.5 seconds fade time. The difference is Twitch uses his W as stealth while for NIghtHound its his ULT. To balance it out they were saying something about you being able to "have a better chance of seeing twitch the closer he is to you" but that just seems stupid given ranged in this game is all the same. Well see I suppose.