Support Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incapamentum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Well, I'm interested in playing supports, more specifically, Taric, and I'm wondering as to what masteries I should use for supports in general. Please add the types of runes for a support if you wish.

BrotherCaine

03-02-2012

Gold quints.

m/5 yellows to keep you in spells. Try not to shatter early, the armour aura is what will help minimise poke and trades from the enemy range AD.

Choice reds, probably magic pen

choice blues, probably scaling Magic Resist.

For masteries you wanna pick up the extra health in defence from veteran scars. In ultity you want to pick up the extra g/5 to get you towards that first and second g/5 item. You also want to get the health regen mastery in the second tier.

In total this will give you five sources of income: Quints, Masteries, 1st gold item (philo), 2nd gold item (hog), assists/kills.

This will fund your wards and let you purchase the rest of your item build.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

^

Pretty much that, but you might want to go with armor seal rather than mana regen/5, this is because bottom lane is usually full of AD damage harass. (With Sona and the Banana lady that is slightly different)

corallein

03-02-2012

Flat Armor red
Gold per 10 or Flat Armor yellow (you'll want flat armor if you're up against an aggressive bottom lane)
Flat MR blues
Gold per 10 quints
is the most common tournament support setup.

But the Flat armor reds and Gold per 10 runes are all support-specific runes that aren't used by anyone else (and flat armor reds aren't strictly necessary - you can easily get away with using something else like magic pen reds).

Incapamentum

03-02-2012

Thank you all for helping me out in finding out what type of runes I'm going to need, along with some recommended masteries