Why don't people play Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volhaka

03-10-2012

I don't understand why no one does. I mean she's good with farming as long as you can last ht..and please that E is so goooood if you position yourself right hit them into that wall boom you got a free kill with your Q..I play her and I love knocking them into my tower or into a wall and then Q comes out and their hp just fell to 2/3.. and then get that Tri Force and berserker greaves..along with a BT or Inf edge..You deal ..huge dmg with that Q and have extra movement and damage from your W along with that ult that you can just place on the enemy tank or carry..and mow down the carry..

cloudskipper

03-10-2012

ken ****s on poppy.

Powerstoned

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volhaka View Post
I don't understand why no one does. I mean she's good with farming as long as you can last ht
ok, whose got worse farming early game than Poppy? Rammus?

I'm not saying it can't be done decently, I'm asking whose worse, because that's hard to find. & that's probably the underlying reason she isn't picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volhaka View Post
..and please that E is so goooood if you position yourself right hit them into that wall
Probably the easiest thing to counter. Anyone who's played two games AS poppy knows how to easily counter her (stay away from walls, simple positioning against her works wonders). That's another big issue.

I do agree berzerkers-triforce-bf sword is the way to go. Poppy is fun. She just is really lacking in the kit, and needs a little make-over, somehow. Personally I'd love to see E turned into a skill shot that only hits champs(so minions still aren't a problem) and can be used to chase/escape like gragas without a target.

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

dyrus, spamhappy, myriads of people play poppy. My alt account, will only play poppy, riven, ww, olaf in ranked.

jetpotion

06-25-2012

The thing you get raped in the lane easily.She want to be aggressive against a teemo or singed or somebody who completely ignores her passive be prepared to full damage combo of the enemy.Out of my time playing poppy I have to wait still I get a trinity force to be doing alot of damage.Thing is poppy used against somebody with burst and can use her passive effectively.But she easily counter picked at top then a nasus would be.The thing is she has HORRID laning phase and In the top lane it all about winning the lane hard and it not about getting items, it about who snowballs harder in lvls and whos stronger early game.

BingeLikeSinged

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraKill View Post
Sigh, I wish more people wouldn't pick Poppy. She just doesn't fit the current Meta and is a mess.

I'm glad you have had success with her, but I've seen teams win with Heim, Mundo, Eve, and others. In lower ELO, it's more about teamwork than anything else. Sometimes that will beat the meta when one teams is better than the others by a wide margin.

Secondly, in higher ELO, a good player should force you out of farming and deny you exp when possible.

Finally, in team fights, there are much better choices. I'd rather have just about anyone else, save Riven.
I personally play poppy as a support, jungle, and solo top, all with great success because she's pretty insane. It's true that true damage counters her, but she's not a post to just get smashed and not retaliate. She can go into a teamfight, stun the bruiser, kill the AD carry, and leave without much of a scratch. It's godlike.

Also, did you just say Poppy > Riven? But you say poppy sucks? Da Fuq?

Golf Chang

06-25-2012

Doesn't fit "meta"
Easy counter, terrible farming, high risk.

FaerellG

06-25-2012

Old thread you foolish necros. Check the timestamp on the posts.

JRotund

06-25-2012

because she is still buggy and that just isn't fun.

defleppardruelz

06-25-2012

hard to farm with? how so? because all she can do is auto attack with higher base ad because of her w? really doesn't make any sense. her farming is just as good if not better than most of the other tops. the only champ i'd say that has a hard time farming is leblanc, her base ad is extremely low and her spells cost too much mana to farm with. but seriously saying it's too hard to farm with her? give me a break.