Beta to this travesty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aswarmofbabies

03-02-2012

I've played League since beta. Over two separate accounts, one from closed beta to about a year and a half from now, and this on from then on. The game has completely changed. In some ways for the better. and in too many ways for the worse. I tried a summoners rift game today, and decided that i've had enough. I will no longer play summoners rift until the game has been fixed. Jungling as been buffed to the point that if you don't have a jungler, you cannot win. and our jungler makes/breaks the game. Where as it used to be "you can have a jungler, but they have to know what they're doing in order to carry the team" Jungling has been buffed so much that bads can jungle and be helpful, and people that know what they're doing jungle, and it's really just jungler vs jungler, because nothing anyone can do makes a difference.

Years ago, the game play was slower, 5/0, hell 10/0 was still recoverable. You could pull it back with skilled game play. Now a lead of 5, means the game. I have yet to see any evidence of the contrary. Characters have gotten to the point where an inch ahead means a landslide down to a win.

Tired of it. Fix your **** please. I miss when the game was fun, and not just "he got a kill, he wins"

Anyone going to jump in and say **** like "lolnub" go for it. I was one of few in the top lists back when names were actualy posted for rating before rated matches. I had people scouting me every time i logged in to play with their team. The game has changed, anyone who's been from beta on will be able to tell you the same.

Beldin Sorcerer

03-02-2012

Dude, come on. This must be a troll.

I've been on teams that have won, down 25 kills.

The game is about turrets and the nexus, not killing your opponents be smarter and you win

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

I just won a game where we had 23 kills, they had 41. We had map control the whole game. Idk what you're talking about.

The increase in jungling I like, personally, since it requires more overall team coordination. Your team is not the jungler, he helps but a bad gank, poor timing, lanes pushing improperly all have effects on the impact that the jungler has.

SmudgePudge

03-02-2012

Sounds to me like the game evolved and you didn't. I remember when there was a short list of champs who could jungle and it took skill and sometimes I miss those days. You could get ahead or at least stay even in the jungle and any ganks were gravy. Now you fall behind in the jungle and the only way to stay even is to get kills. Its evolved that's all.

I've been juggling fiora the last couple of days and while she is one of the better junglers in the game, her ganks suck because she has zero cc. So at level 8, unless we are completely dominating the lanes, I'm two levels back and a whole lot of gold. The new jungle meta is about ganking and if your jungler can't rip off some kills early on the whole team suffers.

And I agree with the other replies - being down 5 kills doesn't mean ****. I don't even worry about being down 10 kills as long as your team is controlling dragon and doing a good job on cs.

Embrace the changes and challenge yourself to evolve with the game. Or don't - but no more old man whining about the good ole days kk?

J 2 the orel

03-02-2012

Yeah, whatever.

Puck912

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswarmofbabies View Post
I've played League since beta. Over two separate accounts, one from closed beta to about a year and a half from now, and this on from then on. The game has completely changed. In some ways for the better. and in too many ways for the worse. I tried a summoners rift game today, and decided that i've had enough. I will no longer play summoners rift until the game has been fixed. Jungling as been buffed to the point that if you don't have a jungler, you cannot win. and our jungler makes/breaks the game. Where as it used to be "you can have a jungler, but they have to know what they're doing in order to carry the team" Jungling has been buffed so much that bads can jungle and be helpful, and people that know what they're doing jungle, and it's really just jungler vs jungler, because nothing anyone can do makes a difference.

Years ago, the game play was slower, 5/0, hell 10/0 was still recoverable. You could pull it back with skilled game play. Now a lead of 5, means the game. I have yet to see any evidence of the contrary. Characters have gotten to the point where an inch ahead means a landslide down to a win.

Tired of it. Fix your **** please. I miss when the game was fun, and not just "he got a kill, he wins"

Anyone going to jump in and say **** like "lolnub" go for it. I was one of few in the top lists back when names were actualy posted for rating before rated matches. I had people scouting me every time i logged in to play with their team. The game has changed, anyone who's been from beta on will be able to tell you the same.
A lot of this wasnt riot changing the game, it was just the developement of the meta game (the optimal team comp/play style to win). Jungle wasnt buffed super hard, it was just everyone became aware of how good jungling is. As you play, you discover whats good and whats not. The reason things snowball now is because people are aware of how to take advantage of kills. I remmember back when this game was super new people barely paid attention to dragon, buffs werent fought over etc. Its the players who are changing the game a lot by finding whats good.

Swiftblood

03-02-2012

I tend to win with less kills on my team vs the enemy team...