my application to Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiegeWaffles

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
We are strongly looking for senior and above game engineers so that we can hire more associate / intern engineers in the future.
In other words: if you want an associate/intern engineer position at Riot, go headhunt some senior engeneers for Riot,
so they can generate an associate/intern engineer slot for you!

Phoenix Stance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsaladactyl View Post
Be patient. If there's anything I've learned from looking in to applying at Riot, talking to others who have, and actually going through the application process is that it can take a while.

As I'm sure you can imagine, they probably get boat loads of applications every day.
Did they ever get back to you at all or did you just have to assume you weren't qualified for the position after a prolonged amount of waiting for a response?

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
You should apply. Whatever the outcome, you'll never know unless your try :P

Also just out of interest. What position are your thinking about applying for?
Hohums, if you're still here, any chance you could give some insight on what Game Designers do on the job?

I'm sure many people have asked, including myself, but they never give a straight answer...

I'd just like to know what a work day would be like for a typical lower-ranked game designer, so I can grasp whether or not the job is right for me.

Currently, if I think Game Designer, I get a mosaic of activities ranging from concept art, to hand-coding mechanics... Which doesn't seem all that realistic. (Please don't tell me Designers really are geniuses capable of such versatility. I'd rather not know)

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

03-01-2012

This thread makes me happy.

Phoenix Stance

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancypantsmcgee View Post
This thread makes me happy.
It makes me excited, scared and nervous all at once. I just applied for my dream job and am probably going to get rejected... :P

eggsaladactyl

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt Lowell View Post
Did they ever get back to you at all or did you just have to assume you weren't qualified for the position after a prolonged amount of waiting for a response?
Yes they did get back to me. I am in the middle of the application process. Give it some time, but if too long passes by, it never hurts to take some initiative in trying to reach out to them about your application status

Phoenix Stance

03-02-2012

I know, I really dont plan on giving up without a fight on this one. currently, a buddy and I are trying to find out if we can talk to them should we just decide to drive to LA this weekend.

eggsaladactyl

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt Lowell View Post
I know, I really dont plan on giving up without a fight on this one. currently, a buddy and I are trying to find out if we can talk to them should we just decide to drive to LA this weekend.
Good luck to you, sir.

Phoenix Stance

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsaladactyl View Post
Good luck to you, sir.
And you as well. should luck have it, we may work in the same building some day.

Oleg

Recruiter

03-02-2012

Does Riot have on-site Network Engineers and System Administrators.