Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What would you like?

Buff Range 27 30.68%
Don't Buff Range 1 1.14%
Buff Damage 13 14.77%
Don't Buff Damage 2 2.27%
Buff Both 45 51.14%
Voters 88 .

Orianna Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UncutCIoud

03-01-2012

For everyone that plays Orianna she has the same range as almost all AP Users. I kinda was thinking a 50-100 range buff. She gets dominated by Champs like Kassadin because his ultimate is the same range as Oriannas. Thats the only problem I have with Orianna Her damage is alright. I think it would be between Decent Bad.

itomontoya

03-01-2012

she needs higher ap rate on her W,E and R. 60% ap rate should never be on a mage ulty and 250 dmg at level 3 (ulty that is) and for such a CD.
where does she stands? out range, out dmg, and out skillled, doge that Q and go for a free Orianna kill.

amandanicole

Recruiter

03-01-2012

She definitely needs a range buff.

Zidanic

03-01-2012

The damage on her ult is really rather low, aswell as the range on W.

Nekokeki

03-01-2012

Her damage is pitiful and her harass has no risk reward for for said range reasons. Buff both.

Llethander

03-02-2012

All she needs is a reversal of the Q range nerf.

Bigpuddintatters

03-02-2012

When we say ranged: do we mean her ability range's or her auto attack range's?

because to the last of my knowledge her auto attack range is ridiculous: idk did they nerf her? I haven't played orianna in a while. If where talking about ability's then yea I would have to get in closer to enemies than necessary just to use Command:Attack

SavageKantus

03-02-2012

Buff!

SaineGrey

03-02-2012

With the release of the new Orianna skin I'd love to see a buff. Her range was a problem with her release, but with the release of Ziggs, Ahri and Xerath that seems to be less of a problem now.

Her real problem overall though is just the lack of damage, the changes to her Q made it very weak but now that it has the increased mana cost it would still be balanced with a healthy damage increase. Her ultimate is just pathetic as it is, low base damage, low ratio, on a skill with a fairly long cool down that takes skill to execute properly.

Ahri's Q (Orb of deception) has more base damage at all levels (Not factoring the true damage as resistance-less), with a higher ap ratio (By .6 total) and similar but still longer range.

Zigg's Q (Bouncing bomb) has more base damage at every level, a higher ratio (By .5) and a longer range (At first bounce).

Karma's Shield has the same base damage resistance but with twice the ap ratio for both shield and damage Vs. Orianna's small armor and mr buffs.

Janna's Shield has the same base damage resistance but with more than twice the ap ratio on the shield and a damage amp instead of armor and mr.

(All three shields have their differences but Orianna's shield is just too weak by comparison.)

Command Dissonance is a comparable ability to ziggs' minefield with the same slow at all levels (But keep in mind Dissonance is also a speed buff for allies) But minefield does more base damage and has a higher ap ratio after only 3 mines. The speed buff/debuff component is 40% at max level but diminishes over 2 seconds compared to the flat 1.5 each ziggs' mine gives.

Janna's Zephyr has more base damage than command dissonance at level 3 on at +30 base at level 5, with a higher ap ratio by .3, and slows for 4 seconds with a stronger slow at all levels from 4% more at level 1 to 8% more at level 5.

Fizz's Churn the waters has more Base damage, a higher ap ratio, lower cooldown at all levels, a lower mana cost at all levels but level 1 (Both 100) and Churn the waters has a slow component built in. Even with the minor synergy with Orianna's other abilities it just doesn't make sense for it to be worse than Fizz's ultimate in every single way, especially since Orianna's ult is harder to hit with than Churn the waters generally. (Both are skillshots don't get me wrong, but Churn the waters is more straightforward.)

Orianna just doesn't stand anywhere compared to other champions. Even her trademark range which made her popular at high elo is less substantial since other champs have been released with just plain better range. Orianna's whole kit needs tweaking now, with generally buffed ratios (Not even all of them, just some.) and probably better base damage on all of her abilities at all levels. She is a unique champion in the way she can use her kit, but she needs to be rebalanced to fit the way the league has developed. It seems when riot was trying to balance her initially they nerfed everything but her mana costs and when the finally did fix the problem that way they failed to reverse a lot of the other nerfs they put on her.

I'm not suggesting they do everything to Orianna, just throw her a bone and give her something. More base damage and a stronger shield ratio if she's pushed toward support, or higher ap ratios and a range buff if she's supposed to be a caster with some support abilities.

TLDR: Orianna's kit is inferior to other champions with similar abilities but doesn't have enough synergy to make up for it and as she stands she just doesn't have any true place anywhere on a team.

Bam4K

03-02-2012

I was thinking there may be other ways to make Orianna useful without buffing her damage or range. Something subtle that would make sense with the lore AND be useful to a skilled player could potentially be make ball movement and ability activation possible when Orianna is stunned or suppressed. I mean it is supposed to be a NEARLY symbiotic creation that has somewhat of a will of its own. It is also meant to protect and help Orianna. Just an idea. You could also make her clockwork windup passive apply to attacking towers and inhibitors.