Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exuberant Otter

Senior Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPotatoDiablo View Post
Obviously. And okay, one last time.

Eve is the only champion that was purposefully nerfed to this point by Riot. Eve is the only champion that has an expectation of being bad attached to picking her, which is solely due to Riot purposefully nerfing her to the point of being the weakest champion in the game. This is the difference between Eve and say Xin Zhao. Xin was nerfed for balance, Eve was nerfed to await remake. Picking Eve carries with it the reasonable expectation that other people on your team will be upset, which puts some of the responsibility for what follows on the shoulders of those who insist on picking Eve.
I agree that Eve is in a class of her own and I am not trying to dispute your point.

That said, Xin was not nerfed for balance like you state he was. In fact, Riot said at the time of his nerfs that he was actually quite balanced in mid to high ELO, but that low ELO players did not know how to deal with him. He was nerfed because he was found to be too disruptive to new players - in this way, his nerfs bear some resembelence to Eve's. But with Xin they used a scalpel whereas with Eve they used an axe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Underpanties

Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu´lty View Post
500+ posts no red yet? Oh riot, how silly.
This isn't the first thread like it.

I had a thread with 100+ pages 1200+ upvotes going for over a month before I gave up due to the fact they couldn't give less of a $hit if they tried.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eather Wizard

Member

03-03-2012

Bump for great justice!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearlessBunny

Senior Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPotatoDiablo View Post
Obviously. And okay, one last time.

Eve is the only champion that was purposefully nerfed to this point by Riot. Eve is the only champion that has an expectation of being bad attached to picking her, which is solely due to Riot purposefully nerfing her to the point of being the weakest champion in the game. This is the difference between Eve and say Xin Zhao. Xin was nerfed for balance, Eve was nerfed to await remake. Picking Eve carries with it the reasonable expectation that other people on your team will be upset, which puts some of the responsibility for what follows on the shoulders of those who insist on picking Eve.
I have spoken with several reds regarding Xin Zhao.

Xin Zhao was not nerfed for "balance". They nerfed him because low elo players (100-900) and pre 30 players had issues with high AS Xin Zhao's, meanwhile he was barely viable at mid/high elo. Then they nerfed him 3 more times and made him a joke against anyone with any sense of skill in this game.

Why did they destroy eve?
1. Because she created boring gameplay
2. Because she was a low elo pubstomper, just like Xin

The only difference is that Eve was much more boring to face, even for high elo players. Xin is not viable, Xin is not in a good place, and Xin is out matched in every single category by all champions filling the same role as him. There is never any reason what so ever to pick him.

Xin was nerfed because bad players couldn't handle him, it had nothing to do with balanced because he was already considered average when they started nerfing him multiple times

If you ask me, nerfing a champion multiple times that is already on the verge of underpowered because bad players have a problem with him is purposely making him BAD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exuberant Otter

Senior Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunger Beast View Post
What proof do we have that Riot's true intention was to purposefully nerf Eve into unplayability?
You can actually go look at the patch preview for Eve's nerfs (the one where she lost her stun). This video released by Riot and in it they were pretty upfront about their intention. They never really hid their choice to make her unplayable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenWhale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-03-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaurieDragon

Junior Member

03-03-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunger Beast

Senior Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius23 View Post
You can actually go look at the patch preview for Eve's nerfs (the one where she lost her stun). This video released by Riot and in it they were pretty upfront about their intention. They never really hid their choice to make her unplayable.
Thank you. I will search for this video.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawkeye

Senior Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPotatoDiablo View Post
Obviously. And okay, one last time.

Eve is the only champion that was purposefully nerfed to this point by Riot. Eve is the only champion that has an expectation of being bad attached to picking her, which is solely due to Riot purposefully nerfing her to the point of being the weakest champion in the game. This is the difference between Eve and say Xin Zhao. Xin was nerfed for balance, Eve was nerfed to await remake. Picking Eve carries with it the reasonable expectation that other people on your team will be upset, which puts some of the responsibility for what follows on the shoulders of those who insist on picking Eve.
What difference does the reasoning make? The end result is the same: an overnerfed champion. So if you pick Eve, knowing she was overnerfed, you are trolling your team and should expect them to rage at you. But if you pick Xin, knowing he was also overnerfed, everything is fine?

If I pay for a champion, I should be able to get my money's worth and use that champion without any expectation of harassment. I wasn't aware that the Summoner's Code doesn't apply when one of your teammates picks Eve. Players have the right to select any of the 94 champions, including Eve. If they get harassed for it, that is a problem with Riot and the community, not the player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Styx117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-03-2012

so true, riot FIX THIS PROBLEM
having people rage and afk just because you pick an ingame champ is not right