Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komori Kiri

03-22-2012

Hello Morello,

Correct me if I am wrong :
- Particles are done. (no more graphical or hard-tech in the pipe)
- Overall design is done. (perma stealth but close range oracle for everyone)

You are waiting for :
- More testing iterations for the kits
- More testing iterations for the balancing of the kits
- New skins to release with the rework
- New champion to release with the rework (you can ignore this line )

You expect the rework to ship in june. So we should expect it in august, most probably october.

So I am expecting the rework to ship in october, and maybe I'll have a good surprise before.

Am I right ? ;-)

TherBad

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Oh yeah - this is the real issue players have, but "wow, this makes me feel bad!" is a different argument than "balance is awful"
I can tell you why I don't trust Riot.

Out of all the threads i've made on SERIOUS topics they have not once gotten a red answer, nor do any threads on a similar topic.

This includes threads such as;

"Fixing the death recap and your QA Team"

Which even suggested what you should change it too, but still nobody answered.

"Fog of War Skillshots"

This got downvoted to hell on US... but on EU it was upvoted and then forgotten, ive made the thread twice now and both times no answers and its fallen.

Amaranty

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynn51 View Post
....what?

In that case, all those stuff should have been nerfed LONG time ago at the release of Master Yi and Tryndamere.
Yi and Tryndamere don't also have a passive heal, remember that Fiora' passive is stronger when she attacks enemy champions. Standard items on Fiora are usually wriggle+bloodthirster. Combine that with her natural high attack damage, her E that gives her high attack speed and her passive which also heals her.

I've played Fiora quite a few times but my friend plays her a great deal and he always comments on Fiora' crazy sustain.

PurityBurglar

03-22-2012

Fixing Eve won't make them money, now you know what will? Releasing more favorable unbalanced champions and their 10$ skins every other Tuesday.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Morello, you and Xyph have both displayed the opinion of "Unconventional builds are not in our, or the players, best interest". Whether it be because you felt players built around your champion choice as if you were playing conventional (as Xyph mentioned), or whether it changes the balance of the conventional build (as you said).

I mentioned in the AP Trynd thread you replied in that I don't agree with this logic. I believe that more build options should be encouraged for every single champion and that every build should be balanced to the best of the live/design team's ability, whilst leaving options open.

Options were what caused me to play LoL over DotA and HoN. I could pick up a champion, look at their abilities and create a build that worked for me. Back in August of 2010 when Morde was remade and everyone played him tanky spell pen maxing E, I maxed Q and built Gunblade, Trinity Force, Tanky. Which then lead on to become a hugely popular build; Spell vamp and Lichbane. I stuck to my tanky hybrid Q build until the Morde nerfs which just made building AP/Lichbane superior.

What I'm getting at here is that the remake to Morde allowed him to be built in multiple ways and that branched off into even more ways. Now more and more people get to enjoy Morde in any way they see fit; Tanky, Spell Pen, AP carry. The same cannot be said for recently released champions (Vayne, Garen, Olaf, Riven) who have barely more than 1 build, some only 1, which are used by the entire LoL population.

The idea that a champion should be only played 1 or 2 ways to prevent misunderstandings in champion select is, in my opinion, the wrong way to look at it. I play a lot of unconventionals, ranging from AP Yi to W-maxing solo top Poppy, and I simply tell my team my plans. They can choose their champions based on what I have told them; a lack of communication should not destroy the build options in LoL.

If this idea is taken to the enemy team then that's just silly. Because there are so many champions which can be played any way, specifically AP champions that can be played AD, that you can't remove all ability to screw up counter picking. AD Kennen and AD Ahri were prime examples of this.

Do you understand where I am coming from?
If so, do you believe in this idea, or are you still in strong belief that champions should be in one specific role?

Nightmanflock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Thank you, Morello, for restoring my faith in the dev. team. I've been guilty of falling into the "evil riot" mindset. You've pulled me back out of it. But I must say, you folks are professional trolls. New support released? Better make it free blitz week. XD

BuildWarsMorello

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
Morello, you and Xyph have both displayed the opinion of "Unconventional builds are not in our, or the players, best interest". . .

The idea that a champion should be only played 1 or 2 ways to prevent misunderstandings in champion select is, in my opinion, the wrong way to look at it.
You're absolutely right, but the reason nobody agrees with you is that the average LoL player has the IQ of a farm animal (not a pig). They don't realize that for most champions, items are a meaningless choice that gives you the illusion of customization. It pretty much boils down to really, really terrible champion and item design.

LoL may as well not have items. In fact, that's close to what Blizzard is doing with their DotA. For those who don't know, Blizzard usually knows what they're doing. They don't throw darts to determine what goes into balance updates.

Damie904

03-22-2012

Hey Morello can you tell us anything about the Heim changes? Are you guys still going to rework him or will he just be getting some QoL changes?

Korvisus

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
It's midnight now and I've been posting for the past $iVar_HOURS hours so I'm gonna go to sleep now~ Please remember to abide by the summoner's code, fund Morello's kickstarter project as much as possible, and brush your teeth. Nighty night.

I've already been over this sometime in the past twenty pages, I don't really want to rewrite it again but it's pretty much summed up by "no, because you know perfectly well that its seen as a troll pick to everybody, and since ranked is highly competitive, you're just pissing off your teammates with that pick. if you want to screw around (aka, picking evelynn), then go play normal matches or get in a premade".

Oh, and spending first pick on a non-top tier champion? C'mon, that's just a troll in itself.
and what if i dont know what a "top-tier" champion is? as i sit here now, with like, 700+ wins (normals, and just to let you know that im not a complete newbie), i can basically tell what a top tier champ is, simply because i watch a whole lot of pro gaming, so i know who is often chosen... but other than that, i dont know the definition of it.

i would have to ask you, is karma a champion who, if i chose her in ranked, i would have to worry about being banned? lots of people consider her to be worthless... but ive seen her played very well. my girlfriend plays her really amazingly in tanky support position, and probably considers her her main.

i think honestly if you are going to ban people for picking eve, then remove her as an option for ranked. it SHOULD NOT matter who you pick as long as you cooperate with your team.

i dont even know why there is a report option for "lack of skill" why do you need to know if i have a "lack of skill"? i often tell people when im doing bad, that i simply am not very skilled at the game. is that bannable? if not, why is it reportable?

::edit::
sorry, just saw morello's post explaining about why eve is not disabled... apparently it was never thought of :\

::edit2::
just saw that morello said you dont get banned for playing eve... but it seems the post by wriggle says otherwise.

ƒ Shepherd Book

03-22-2012

He didn't say that you don't get banned, he said that getting banned was a playerbase problem, not a implementation problem. I wonder if Eve has the same effect on EU audiences.