Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corpse Princess

03-15-2012

Morello don't you think it's extremely unprofessional of you as a gaming company to do what you did to Eve and leave her completely worthless for years like that?

Because I do. And you should feel horrible about it. The best you could do is disable her, but you didn't. No, no one "has fun" playing Eve. Seriously. If getting raged at by your entire team and losing the game is fun, then okay.

You are just being the greedy company that you are. You don't disable Eve because you hope that poor unsuspecting players buy her with RP and buy her skins. You just want money, like everyone else.

There is no warning in the client that says "Eve is a useless champ" for new players. To know she's that bad, new players would have to research on it. And that's burden of knowledge. I thought you guys didn't like burden of knowledge?

Greedy and unprofessional, that's just what Riot is.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKDrwaddy View Post
So, how is that not a direct contradiction to saying you wont be banned for being reported for playing eve?
Why are you suggesting that the president of Antarctica is an alien from Jupiter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentiment View Post
Because I do. And you should feel horrible about it. The best you could do is disable her, but you didn't. No, no one "has fun" playing Eve. Seriously. If getting raged at by your entire team and losing the game is fun, then okay.
Some of us play in premades, and even sometimes don't play entirely seriously, and gimmick Evelynn/Twitch/Shaco/Akali/Wukong!

Drago6817

03-15-2012

All Hail Morello!

He has heard our cries and he, and he alone shall avenge us.

Through his divine power we shall be delivered a new Eve, a playable Eve, an eve for which the community and Riot can be proud for a thousand generations!

Morello!

Morello!

Morelllllooooo!

GingerBeardMan

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
Why are you suggesting that the president of Antarctica is an alien from Jupiter?
Oh snap, sick dodge jax.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
Oh snap, sick dodge jax.

Nobody said that:
IF (ReportReason == "Played Evelynn") THEN BanPlayer.
They said:
IF (ReportReason == "Played Evelynn" AND ReportContext == "You were being a jerk and didn't warn your teammates before picking The Worst Champion (in other words, discussed your pick) and/or ignored them when they said Don't Pick It") THEN BanPlayer.

Come on, there is no possible way someone that's level 30 and playing ranked can't realize what Evelynn's reputation is. Anyone who picks her, without discussing it with their team, is going to be treated as a terrorist and pretty much will be the sole cause of the report server breaking down due to overload. Games are absolutely won and lost at character select, and picking Evelynn, an extremely easily counterpicked champion and, when not, still a relatively bad champion, is a great way to piss your allies off. And it's breaking Summoner Code Rule #1, really, so you can get hit for that anyways, even if they don't say it's "for picking Evelynn".

Dirty Foot

03-15-2012

Quote:
Eh? People were tracking the Hanover champion usage, check here ("All"). It seems 24 champions weren't picked, not "10%", and 21 were neither picked nor banned. Hell, Annie, the game's iconic mage, wasn't picked once.
That's blurring the lines. I think you know what I mean.

Riot has much more information due to their behind-the-scenes tracking of all things data. It's much more than just "these champs were chosen more often than others here."

GingerBeardMan

03-15-2012

Quote:
Nobody said that:
IF (ReportReason == "Played Evelynn") THEN BanPlayer.
They said:
IF (ReportReason == "Played Evelynn" AND ReportContext == "You were being a jerk and didn't warn your teammates before picking The Worst Champion (in other words, discussed your pick) and/or ignored them when they said Don't Pick It") THEN BanPlayer.
That's not what I asked, what I asked is how can you pick the champion you want to play if no one in ranked will let you?

For example, what if I wanted to try ashe mid? What if I wanted to try a tristana in the jungle to use wookies reference? My team would instantly say no, and would tell me they will report me.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
For example, what if I wanted to try ashe mid? What if I wanted to try a tristana in the jungle to use wookies reference? My team would instantly say no, and would tell me they will report me.
Exactly, because Ranked is not a playground for you to "try things", despite of course this being a game and you should be able to do what you want. If you want to "try things", either go to Normal or Custom, or get a premade together that will agree to what you want to do. It's similar to leaving a game, you flat-out ruin the game for the other four people that want to play serious and raise in the Ranked Ladder if you run a gimmick and they don't want to.

There's absolutely no reason for you to "try things" in Ranked mode that you can't do in Normal Draft.

There's no special meaning behind the quotes around "try things", by the way. Just shortening your post.

King of Hamelot

03-15-2012

so how is twitch coming along

Wriggle

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyambitions View Post
so how is twitch coming along
He won't say because "But Evelynn was pretty much done and so was Twitch and and what do you mean there's been complications YOU LIED TO ME RIOT" has been an issue. A lot.