Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireXeriF

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
Really, I just want to know if I'm outside of my gourd in thinking he's really UP. I could accept that I'm just not building or playing him right, but I have yet to see proof of him actually performing well. His remake ended up being a mix of nerfs and buffs that left him in a wonky place, and the nerfs after that just made me shake my head.

Am I just building/utilizing him wrong? I don't really accept that support tag he has, his kit does not scream "support" to me. The best I see him playing as is a harasser, but his range and escape/chase is just not there for it. Any other role I choose for him often leaves him feeling like he's not playing to his strengths.
I think you might build/runes/masteries him badly. Teemo is quite strong: when top solo, he is hard to gank with his incredible map awarness, he can escape ganks easily, his harras and farming ability are great as well. So what is your build?

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Can new Evelynn still use Rageblade/Triforce core well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Also, champions are primarily about engagement. They keep the game exciting and fresh, and keep people playing. Why is that bad?
I don't like getting picked on !!!!

Dirty Foot

03-15-2012

Quote:
Though you've already made up your mind about the evil (?) corporate entity that is Riot, that would be stupid if we did that. I make the call on this stuff in Live and Champion design, and I simply ****ed this up. We've done a lot of remakes, why would we do those at all otherwise? Dominion and TT were free as well (and we do need to support these better, another improvement to come for us).

Also, champions are primarily about engagement. They keep the game exciting and fresh, and keep people playing. Why is that bad?
Not really calling it evil, just inferring the practicality of it.

I mean honestly, I wasn't saying that marketing comes down and says "do this" to you guys. I just assume they prioritize resources on the macro level due to their R&D. It's not far-fetched to assume such a thing.

aaFen

03-15-2012

Quote:
Why? We mess up sometimes, but generally we're pretty transparent on stuff and talk to you guys a lot. I don't understand why you wouldn't trust us generally. All the issues of not meeting expectations were simply us giving info before things were locked down, or Eve.
You guys are like building full of Peter Molyneux clones. We know we'll get what you talk about eventually, but it'll be at least 8 months after it should be.

Baseraper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

I really hate this whole "stealth too stronk" mentality. You guys have nerfed Eve so badly she's often likened to giving the other team a 5 v 4 advantage you did this on purpose to your own admission. The problem wasn't eve op the problem is you are catering to terrible players who refuse to ward and or oracle setting a bad example for good game play. At this point all you are going to do is make people hate stealth chars even with a rework... Might as well remove it all together delete twitch and eve or completely rework their kits to work without stealth... This **** has been going on forever just do something.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

03-15-2012

Quote:
Though you've already made up your mind about the evil (?) corporate entity that is Riot, that would be stupid if we did that. I make the call on this stuff in Live and Champion design, and I simply ****ed this up. We've done a lot of remakes, why would we do those at all otherwise? Dominion and TT were free as well (and we do need to support these better, another improvement to come for us).

You have no idea how much more I respect you, based on your ability to admit this.

CopyCat

03-15-2012

Quote:
See why I wasn't saying anything?
See why people say this game has one of the worst communities?

joehasaknife

03-15-2012

Quote:

Exciting and fresh...

Thats why I have in my possesion 7+ level 30 accounts...

Not including the another 3 level 30 accounts, that are strictly mine, everyone from my brother, to RL friends, to friends we made in game...

Now, its just me, holding their accounts as I promised I would...should they want to come back....LOL....haven't seen em' since...

Hell we used to play for days, 18-20 hrs at a time...yea you need to support TT...thats a bit of an understatement but ok...Heck while your at it how bout support'n Kayle and Heimer a bit too...or Ashe...

Guess it don't really matter though, truth of the matter is this is a game company, andf they are here to make a profit...

There will always be new customers...people are that dumb, and anything they haven't done is always something new and exciting... I'm sure some people get thru the troll-hell of the lower levels...

But, 7 people, excluding myself, 8 in reality are those who won't ever spend a penny on it again...I log on to the accounts or try too, every once in a while, play a game here or there, truthfully those long days are gone, I'm playing a lot now, if I play 5-6 games a week...yep, yer game is that fun...

GhostStalker

03-15-2012

@Morello

Could you go into a smidgem of detail on how Katarina's Passive and W are changed? Or at least the passive? I found it really cool how it refreshed all my cooldowns instantly (except R of course). It was just a lot of fun to me.

You guys might of changed it because it might be too snowbally, and I can see why if that is the case.

aaFen

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
We are thinking about solutions for both Twitch and Eve. Our design team is bouncing around a lot of crazy ideas, and most of them are insane and aren't fun yet. We'd rather only talk about the stuff that is fun, the stuff you'll actually get to see in the game.
While I understand the frustration new players have with stealth, I don't think it's really much worse than they would have in other games that feature stealthier/"out of bounds" classes (spies in TF2, snipers in any fps, etc.), and with lots of stuff to help new players learn the game now (co-op vs. ai, dominion, and tt), I think it's a pretty poor excuse to use (and only the fault of the player). Maybe make a hero that directly counters stealth in a way (other than Lee Sin because new players won't be able to use him effectively), and once that is publicly known (just as much as stealth stomping new players is), it'll be a non-issue.

Also, I love Twitch the way he is now, and people play him at all brackets (although fairly rarely still because he's pretty situational). I think the last iteration of the stealth rework we heard about (permanently invisible like Rikimaru, but ALWAYS visible within a certain proximity to enemy units) would really cripple his current playstyle. Maybe have it delayed so that the stealth is only removed after being in range of someone for 3 seconds or something?