Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No point building a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VcoreUS

03-01-2012

Thanx riot 2,9k health with thornmail and warmog and got slained by fiora with 30%lifesteal

whats the point building tanks if u can play a champ with low health and sustain your life with low cost lifesteals???

Irelia Bot

03-01-2012

Only 2.9 k health was this mid game because most serous tanks have 4k+ health and at least 200 armor. Also was fiora already super fed because if that was the case she can cut through tanks no prob.

Burstlord

03-01-2012

Going to go ahead and chime in. Tanks have been made completely useless by op dps items. In my most recent game I hade 3600 health with 325 armor and 250 MR and I was using garen who has a flat damage reduction shield. I was then shredded by a vayne like I was a normal non tank. The reason for this: Black cleaver and bloodthirster make armor and most importantly thornmail useless. When a dps can just hit insanely fast with an item that lowers armor each hit and then lifesteal through judgement + thornmail + sunfire + multiple other opponents something has clearly gone wrong.

In my opinion black cleaver should be completely removed from the game. flat armor pen is fine but a stacking debuff is just dumb and game breaking. also limit lifesteal percents or buff thornmail so that it makes a difference in combat.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

03-01-2012

Quote:
Burstlord:
Going to go ahead and chime in. Tanks have been made completely useless by op dps items. In my most recent game I hade 3600 health with 325 armor and 250 MR and I was using garen who has a flat damage reduction shield. I was then shredded by a vayne like I was a normal non tank. The reason for this: Black cleaver and bloodthirster make armor and most importantly thornmail useless. When a dps can just hit insanely fast with an item that lowers armor each hit and then lifesteal through judgement + thornmail + sunfire + multiple other opponents something has clearly gone wrong.

In my opinion black cleaver should be completely removed from the game. flat armor pen is fine but a stacking debuff is just dumb and game breaking. also limit lifesteal percents or buff thornmail so that it makes a difference in combat.

Black Cleaver only removes 45 Armor. You still have 280 Armor, AND his % Reduction (btw, Garen's W is % reduction on a very short duration).

You also have not named your entire build, nor Vayne's. There's likely much more to this story.

VcoreUS

03-01-2012

Dont now what u say but the feeling when playing a tank must be a tank.And when u get an item that reflects damage should work.

Whats the point giving 2000Gold for usesless "Armor" and "damage" when a melle with 450g +1600g takes a Vampiric Scepter + Wriggle's Lantern???

Whitch automatically cancels Thornmail and champion gets extra +23 Attack Damage +30 Armor + ward and he can use it along to kill??

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

03-01-2012

Quote:
VcoreUS:
Dont now what u say but the feeling when playing a tank must be a tank.And when u get an item that reflects damage should work.

Whats the point giving 2000Gold for usesless "Armor" and "damage" when a melle with 450g +1600g takes a Vampiric Scepter + Wriggle's Lantern???

Whitch automatically cancels Thornmail and champion gets extra +23 Attack Damage +30 Armor + ward and he can use it along to kill??

1. Thornmail counters Lifesteal. Get it right.
2. If all you bought for Armor was Thornmail, then it's quite obvious you weren't tanky at all.

VcoreUS

03-01-2012

Thornmail after 30% lifesteal is useless

SonicTheHedgedawg

03-01-2012

as a general rule:

Tanks have the defenses to survive burst attacks and to take a while for sustained DPS carries to take down.

Sustained DPS carries are vaporized instantly by burst casters, but can take down tanks over time.

Burst casters can destroy sustained DPS carries, but fall to tanks since tanks can survive their initial burst and kill them before their cooldowns refresh.

Obviously this is an overspimplification, but Fiora is a HEAVY sustained DPS champion. She is SUPPOSED to be able to kill even tanks.

VcoreUS

03-01-2012

Quote:
Exdeadman:

2. If all you bought for Armor was Thornmail, then it's quite obvious you weren't tanky at all.

The classic reaction from ad players.What u expect from others? To buy only armor just for u? He dont want mana? he dont want health or utility???

And for the records i was playing full tank runes sets + masteries.Criticals + lifesteal are op.

VcoreUS

03-01-2012

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
as a general rule:

Tanks have the defenses to survive burst attacks and to take a while for sustained DPS carries to take down.

Sustained DPS carries are vaporized instantly by burst casters, but can take down tanks over time.

Burst casters can destroy sustained DPS carries, but fall to tanks since tanks can survive their initial burst and kill them before their cooldowns refresh.

Obviously this is an overspimplification, but Fiora is a HEAVY sustained DPS champion. She is SUPPOSED to be able to kill even tanks.

it seems the only way for survival for a tank is team play.(and pray that your carries do their job)