Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to jungle with Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apolaf

07-29-2010

well, thats the question...

I want ur guys ideas, or methods.

TY

betrayedprince

07-29-2010

2 ways:

1. Pick Phoenix for the first skill then get Vamp Scepter and wait for 35gold then head for the golem. Pop Smite then Phoenix, then use the potion. Keep popping Phoenix until you kill the camp. Now head for the wolf camp near it then kill them. If you haven't already, pick Turtle for the second skill. Then go on from there.

2. Pick Turtle as a first skill, get Cloth and buy 5 red potions. Go to the wolf camp near your base and kill them with turtle. Use turtle multiple times if you have to and/or use a potion when needed. Kill all the smaller camps until you can go back and get your Long Sword and some additional red pots. Kill the Golem with Phoenix and smite. Then go on from there. Work your way to a Madred's Razor then boots of your choice.

It's up to you if you want to get Bear stance at level 4 for early ganking. The point of a jungle Udyr is to keep enemies off balance and use bear to quickly execute a gank and get a kill. Also, if you plan to jungle as Udyr, then your build should be DPS (Phoenix/Bear or Bear/Tiger) OR burst (Tiger). Get equipments according to your chosen build. If you are going to plan to tank, then you should not jungle imo.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-29-2010

there's a third that doesn't require smite but is a bit slower
get a fort potion and phoenix, pop the potion right before you attack golem and kill golem + adds with phoenix

Apolaf

07-30-2010

thanks guys, that was all the info I need

Fyre Nation

07-30-2010

could someone post a tiger jungling build?

Ralk

07-30-2010

This is your tiger jungling build: Don't do it, because phoenix is vastly superior.

Here's what you do: cloth armor, 5 hp pots, start with phoenix.
Kill golem to reach level 2, then take turtle.
Kill wolves and then wraiths to reach level 3, then take a 2nd level of turtle.
Kill lizard and then small golem camp to reach level 4, then take bear.
Now, go gank one of the side lanes.

There are variations with their pro's and con's, but this is certainly a good method.

Fyre Nation

07-31-2010

That's my regular Phoenix build :/

I just wanna try it (Tiger) once.

roninsm

07-31-2010

Tank udyr should jungle.

Fyre Nation

07-31-2010

... no.
Ronin you're becoming the Anti-Udyr in my book.

PardonMySwag

07-31-2010

Shouldn't you also assume to get the more EXP talent to ensure better jungling?