@Riot Tweak Fiora's Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crashpoint

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
blame the player not the champ she needs to be tweaked ofc but her ult has a crazy long cd so if u don't use it proper its wasted not saying shes underpowered but i have seen a lot more bad ones then good ones
This thread is actually about her q, not her ult and sure her ult make her un-targetable, but you have to also realize that it has a fairly large CD and also if she uses it on an enemy champ during a gank or a team fight while trying to flee, she'll most likely end up in an even ****tier position (e.g. under the enemy turret).

(I don't know if anyone experienced this but it IS possible to kill her at the very beginning of her ult. I've died once and was also able to kill an enemy Fiora this way. Possibly a bug?)

Slashinghardest

03-01-2012

Escape from what? If your in a fight and you wanna get out should plan your e's movement speed buff for escape. If your in lane and ganked or just ganked you probably should have watched the map better.

Crashpoint

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
Escape from what? If your in a fight and you wanna get out should plan your e's movement speed buff for escape. If your in lane and ganked or just ganked you probably should have watched the map better.
The thing with the movement speed buff is you must autoattack someone before getting the boost. If you're at 20 hp, I would recommend turning around and hitting e.g. a malphite to get the boost, else he can potential autoattack you or slow you.

It would have been possible if the mov speed boost took affect on activation.that would be pretty cool.

WilllShakespeare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Haven't played Fiora, but I've seen her in my games. The way I understand, you need to commit to get a kill. Go all out or don't go at all. If you get caught... well that's your own fault for not having map awareness. MIAs are a courtesy. Just because someone didn't call mia, doesn't mean it's entirely their fault their lane came to gank your lane.

As someone else has ranted about every champ having an escape ability, I think people have just become spoiled with many champions having an escape mechanism somehow. To make her Q a skill shot doesn't seem to make sense.

Have you ever done fencing? Or know what it's about? To sum it up briefly, there's 2 people with 2 swords and your object is to "poke" them in the chest (there's chest gear and stuff). And a way to hit them is to lunge at them. It doesn't make sense just to lunge in the air really.

Anyhow, that's just my opinion on why I think her Q shouldn't be change to a skill shot. Just have good map awareness and you should be fine.

Dracoaeon

03-02-2012

Giving her an escape would be insane. She already has one of the highest damages in the game, so having to pick summoner spells to run from a fight is more than justified. I personally run Ghost/Flash or TP/Flash simply because I don't NEED any more damage as Fiora. If she had an innate escape mechanism, I could just pick Exhaust-Cleanse and faceroll any champion in the game in 2 seconds flat.

Crashpoint

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormylar View Post
Haven't played Fiora, but I've seen her in my games. The way I understand, you need to commit to get a kill. Go all out or don't go at all. If you get caught... well that's your own fault for not having map awareness. MIAs are a courtesy. Just because someone didn't call mia, doesn't mean it's entirely their fault their lane came to gank your lane.

As someone else has ranted about every champ having an escape ability, I think people have just become spoiled with many champions having an escape mechanism somehow. To make her Q a skill shot doesn't seem to make sense.

Have you ever done fencing? Or know what it's about? To sum it up briefly, there's 2 people with 2 swords and your object is to "poke" them in the chest (there's chest gear and stuff). And a way to hit them is to lunge at them. It doesn't make sense just to lunge in the air really.

Anyhow, that's just my opinion on why I think her Q shouldn't be change to a skill shot. Just have good map awareness and you should be fine.
I really like your comment. Probably the best I've seen all day. I don't know much about fencing and perhaps Riot was taking this into consideration while designing the ability, however, I would like to know your thoughts on the ability to single target ally champions, minions, and wards. Jax's Leap Strike has this ability and a higher ad ratio than Lunge (I think its +1.0 or something). I'm not saying Jax should be nerfed or anything, but I think give him some pretty creative ways to gank, escape, and other insane antics (e.g. placing a ward over the baron wall and leaping to it). What do you think?

Xennheiser

03-03-2012

I've been playing Fiora since she's been released, and in my opinion she's fine the way she is. I think the long CD on her ult is fine especially since it does a lot of damage. And as much as I would like her Q to function much like jax's, I feel like it would result in her becoming too strong. Flash or ghost is enough of a escape mechanism for her. If you have a 1 v 1 fight, I feel that she rarely loses. If you have an issue of about her getting ganked, then maybe try paying attention to map more lol. As someone said previously, shes a champion where you have to commit in the fight, and timing your ult perfectly is one of the best ways to stay alive because of her two seconds of invincibility. Just my thoughts you're free to disagree if you wish.