Tankity-Tank-Tank-Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorino

03-02-2012

maloki and malphite are pretty boss and both can jungle quite well... What are you falling short of? damage? dying? I mean most of your problem could be not using them right or building them wrong.

Shodann

03-02-2012

Maokai is a personal favorite tank of mine because he can be very disruptive and his abilities are strong enough that you can focus on pure defense items instead of AP items.

Ahazaa

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorino View Post
maloki and malphite are pretty boss and both can jungle quite well... What are you falling short of? damage? dying? I mean most of your problem could be not using them right or building them wrong.
Mostly damage. (I guess?) When I tank, I'll initiate, my team will follow, I'll CC as much as I can and then everyone just dies anyway.
But when I tank with Rammus or Amumu, I do excellent, my team survives and everything's all super.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Really?

Cho'Gath is an EXCEPTIONAL tank, as is Singed. Nasus is a'ight as well.
--------------
Cho'Gath:
Solo Top - Great sustain, poke, splash, easy to farm
Mid - AP Caster, naturally tanky. Knock up (if you're good with it) allows you to get out of ganks
Jungle - Great sustain, stays high, knock up makes for great ganks. Feast makes for awesome countering and big burst 6+ ganks. (Sure people say uuugh knock up is hard to hit. But... if you're bot or mid lane are you sitting there 24/7 watching the ground waiting for that knock up? It's easier to hit than you think once you get good with it)
--------------
Singed:
Solo Top - Poison Trail for farming, knock up and glue for ganks/anti-ganks. Great survivability with his passive and RoA
Jungle - Viable, strong ganks with glue + knockback
Bot Support - Glue and knockback excel for kills and protecting your carry
--------------
Nasus:
Solo Top - Farm dat Q + Sustain
Jungle - Sustain through passive, decent ganks with his slow.

Each of these tanks are great in team fights.
Cho'Gath - Knock up disrupt, silence, nuke for carries/lower health tanks. Great initiate with knockup or silence

Singed - TROLOLOLOL, poison does damage throughout the fight to everyone. Disrupt with knockback, prevent escapes/chase with glue.

Nasus - Lower armour of entire enemy team, slow their carry so they do little damage, end game nuking aa's if played right. You can build him pure tanky and still have hefty damage output.

Bilboking

03-02-2012

I find that Amumu, Rammus, and Shen are all solid picks for tank. All can jungle (although shen is extremely slow from my experience) and have different roles. Shen is great for his ult being able to save a teammate and also teleport across the map (if you don't get silenced or stunned or your target dies). I find that in my elo standing, amumu and rammus usually get banned.

Slashinghardest

03-02-2012

Shyvana is my favourite tank, good pushing easy chase with frozen mallet + burnout easy get away and good tower diver with ult.

Ahazaa

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Really?

Cho'Gath is an EXCEPTIONAL tank, as is Singed. Nasus is a'ight as well.
--------------
Cho'Gath:
Solo Top - Great sustain, poke, splash, easy to farm
Mid - AP Caster, naturally tanky. Knock up (if you're good with it) allows you to get out of ganks
Jungle - Great sustain, stays high, knock up makes for great ganks. Feast makes for awesome countering and big burst 6+ ganks. (Sure people say uuugh knock up is hard to hit. But... if you're bot or mid lane are you sitting there 24/7 watching the ground waiting for that knock up? It's easier to hit than you think once you get good with it)
--------------
Singed:
Solo Top - Poison Trail for farming, knock up and glue for ganks/anti-ganks. Great survivability with his passive and RoA
Jungle - Viable, strong ganks with glue + knockback
Bot Support - Glue and knockback excel for kills and protecting your carry
--------------
Nasus:
Solo Top - Farm dat Q + Sustain
Jungle - Sustain through passive, decent ganks with his slow.

Each of these tanks are great in team fights.
Cho'Gath - Knock up disrupt, silence, nuke for carries/lower health tanks. Great initiate with knockup or silence

Singed - TROLOLOLOL, poison does damage throughout the fight to everyone. Disrupt with knockback, prevent escapes/chase with glue.

Nasus - Lower armour of entire enemy team, slow their carry so they do little damage, end game nuking aa's if played right. You can build him pure tanky and still have hefty damage output.
I'm gonna hang on to this. Although, I've never really seen a singed tank - at least not in a 100% tanking kinda way but when you put it like that then yes.

Assassin530

03-02-2012

Cho'Gath is my favorite tank. His knock-up has a bit of a delay with it so all you need to do is time it right. A bit behind them and 9/10 times they will run into it.Well played he is one of the best tanks in my opinion. Once you find his ultimate build (for you personally) you might like him. A lot of his survivability lies in his ultimate. Just play safe and farm.