Tankity-Tank-Tank-Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahazaa

03-01-2012

So, as the title suggest. I'm here to talk about tanks. I'm a bit on the confused side.

We have Shen, Voli, Blitz, Malph, Naut, Galio etc; but, the only tank who I seems to be VERY capable of handling a team fight is Rammus and Amumu. All the others seem to just fall short.

I'm not QQing or anything, just looking for experices and/or suggestions. Maybe I just haven't seen it ALL.

Haunchbones

03-01-2012

all about comp, amumu and rammus can jungle and tank, everyone else can tank but honestly where would you put them? with the exception of galio, you cant mid them, and as for solo top there are better.

TLDR: Metagremlin

TheCrazyNutcase

03-01-2012

They get banned every game. You need to try a different tank. I would recommend Singed but he gets banned also. Voli, Cho and Malph are quite good.

IS1c0e8bd600387c5ff6a1b

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyNutcase View Post
They get banned every game. You need to try a different tank. I would recommend Singed but he gets banned also. Voli, Cho and Malph are quite good.
Unlikely that all of the tanks will be banned...

ImNixonTRUSTME

03-01-2012

Jungle Cow FTW

Kize

03-01-2012

wukong

TO THE SKY, EVERYONE
&its awesome to see ahri's ulti projectiles suddenly fly upward

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

umm, Naut is pretty good actually. Learn who to tag with your ult and you can hit the majority of their team with it. The fact that he has 4 types of CC is no small thing either, and it's pretty easy to tie a team down with him. You can send him literally anywhere. He jungles well and is reletively uneffected by counter jungling. Has an amazing initiate, an escape/chase, an snare on his AA, nice AoE, a built in randuins active, and a shield that causes splash damage. In short, it's pretty dangerous to be near him in a team fight, and he is a magnet for damage as a result.

Dark Ajax

03-01-2012

It'll probably take a bit of time before people get used to playing naut better

Ahazaa

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunchbones View Post
all about comp, amumu and rammus can jungle and tank, everyone else can tank but honestly where would you put them? with the exception of galio, you cant mid them, and as for solo top there are better.

TLDR: Metagremlin
The problem with worrying about comp is that I like to play soloqueue (I don't really have anyone to play with) and I always wind up in matches with guys that all wanna go AD or AP. Then the last guy on the team to pick, cycles through multiple tanks that'd make perfect sense only to just end up picking an AP champ anyway.
Where I'm going with this is that, some champs might benefit from having, say, Shen tank; but, because you can never be certain of the intelligence of other players, Amumu and Rammus just seem like the safest choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
umm, Naut is pretty good actually. Learn who to tag with your ult and you can hit the majority of their team with it. The fact that he has 4 types of CC is no small thing either, and it's pretty easy to tie a team down with him. You can send him literally anywhere. He jungles well and is reletively uneffected by counter jungling. Has an amazing initiate, an escape/chase, an snare on his AA, nice AoE, a built in randuins active, and a shield that causes splash damage. In short, it's pretty dangerous to be near him in a team fight, and he is a magnet for damage as a result.
Yeah, I haven't had the opportunity to really delve into playing with him but he definitely has a fair share of CC.

TheCrazyNutcase

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyotc View Post
Unlikely that all of the tanks will be banned...
I was talking about the two he mentioned were the only affective tanks.