The Tribunal is just a lynch mob for IP Crazies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
If you are a "MathMage" you should be able to appreciate that in order to arrive at a 94% guilty to innocent ratio, it must mean that a very large cross section of the voters are auto punishing.
Okay, I'm going to zero in on this because the rest of your post is so much fluff without it. What if the appropriate punish rate for fair-minded summoners is 93%, because 93% of Tribunal cases are guilty?

Quote:
But nothing I have read, even from adamantly PRO tribunal posters suggest that they come close to these ratios. USING percentages given by PRO tribunal posters, their best estimate is 80 to 85% guilty to innocent ratio from people that read everything.
Can you perhaps provide some of this evidence, or do I have to take your word for it?

Quote:
That is that people who read every case will arrive at an 80 20 guilty to innocent ratio.
You have no data to support this assertion.

Exqzr

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven345 View Post
Why is this not a reasonable assumption? Maybe 94% are legitimate cases in which they deserve to be punished. Are you assuming that the majority of the Tribunal and the world in general is giant **** that likes to see other people suffer? I think your assumption is more unreasonable.
Well O.k.

I tell you why its not reasonable. If we look at a small sample of say 100 people and survey them to ask what percentage of people to you punish and what percentage do you find innocent, we will see something that looks like my original post.

But I can't prove that. I can only read the forums and pull out the data from casual replies.

Again, I have no bias here. but people who are downvoting the thread clearly do. And not one has proposed a reasonable counter proposal using numbers to back it up.

Doesn't that tell you something?

ClownInMilkTruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Can you perhaps provide some of this evidence, or do I have to take your word for it?

Sorry but if you can't remember the constant claims of every pro-tribunal poster as to their sagely level of judgement... This has to be a given, pro tribunal posters invariably claim they pardon at least 2-3 cases per day out of 15.

Exqzr

03-11-2012

Quote:
Okay, I'm going to zero in on this because the rest of your post is so much fluff without it. What if the appropriate punish rate for fair-minded summoners is 93%, because 93% of Tribunal cases are guilty?

Actually I do, several hundred cases from voluntary submissions making this relatively accurate. AND AGAIN it's a number from PRO tribunal supporters.

Exqzr

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
Sorry but if you can't remember the constant claims of every pro-tribunal poster as to their sagely level of judgement... This has to be a given, pro tribunal posters invariably claim they pardon at least 2-3 cases per day out of 15.
Thank you!!!

The first non biased reasonable post. I am NOT BIASED HERE. I am using PRO Tribunal numbers, not my own!

ClownInMilkTruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Quote:
Thank you!!!

The first non biased reasonable post. I am NOT BIASED HERE. I am using PRO Tribunal numbers, not my own!
How is it pulling things from thin air when a person just needs to forum search various troll names like SimplyAlive, Powerbats, Methelod, etc?

MathMage

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
Sorry, "what I remember some pro-tribunal posters said on a forum" does not constitute hard evidence.

(I certainly don't pardon 2-3 cases a day on days when I do Tribunal.)

ClownInMilkTruck

03-11-2012

Quote:
Sorry, "what I remember some pro-tribunal posters said on a forum" does not constitute hard evidence.

(I certainly don't pardon 2-3 cases a day on days when I do Tribunal.)
As a person who sticks to the general forum, you're unfamiliar with the sanctimonious trolling that takes place in this subforum, and the perfection in both behavior and judgement claimed by those who hold the tribunal in high esteem, but for those of us who browse this section daily, this is common knowledge and you need to accept that.

Exqzr

03-11-2012

Quote:

Mathmage!

You can not say that 93% of people are guilty, you can only ask what are peoples tendency to find people guilty or not. You utterly fail by even suggesting this.

Whether a person is guilty or not guilty is not DECIDED BEFORE THEY COME TO THE TRIBUNAL. IT IS DECIDED AT THE TRIBUNAL!

The question remains, who is voting, how do they vote and in what percentage?

If you have any credibility at all, suggest a counter proposal that only takes into account what the voter is doing and doesn't prejudge guilt or innocence before the case comes to trial.

schmide

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven345 View Post
I find this very funny.
I truly thought it was a Tony Romo / Jenny McCarthy bad luck thing.