The Tribunal is just a lynch mob for IP Crazies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihero View Post
I believe you have no idea what a troll is. He isn't a troll simply because he has a viewpoint that you feel is false. He is hardly a troll for defending his viewpoint, even if he does so ardently.
The fact your post could be thrown right back at you, is highlarious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoNotAgainv2 View Post
The fact your post could be thrown right back at you, is highlarious.
And I can always count on our resident troll to show you the example of a perfect troll post. Thank you. I figured my greatest fan would help out here since he got stuffed in our last encounter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihero View Post
And I can always count on our resident troll to show you the example of a perfect troll post. Thank you. I figured my greatest fan would help out here since he got stuffed in our last encounter.
Im not a fan ;3 You seem to have an issue with getting things mixed up. Keep adding to the list if you want ;3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrinder View Post
Too small a base. The data was collected for his benefit, but a much larger scale would be required for everyone else's.
Thats not necessarily true. He has about 2k data points. Lets assume that the tribunal was frozen at 16mil cases (dec number). That would put him at a 2-3% margin of error. By now its probably more at 4-5% accounting for growth. Thats for the life of the tribunal. If we use the data for a smaller snapshot of time like the life of the poll, our population shrinks and our margin does too. Now the data has more significance in relation to the population..

So the data itself is sound (a number is simply a number). As is the amount of data.

Now you simply have to be careful of the interpretation of it and the conclusions drawn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

Senior Member

03-12-2012

A troll is someone who acts idiotic with the intentions of being taken seriously in order to waste peoples time. He is, indeed a troll. I don't know where you are getting this 2k data points, but his data isn't sound. I know you and most of the other anti-tribunalist love to accept anything that might validate your claims as sound... but it's not.

Some of his data is indeed sound, but it's a matter of how relevant the data he is using to the problem at hand. Unfortunately the data he is trying to use is NOT relevant to the question at hand. I know that this post will likely be ignored/ridiculed even though the points in it are valid but meh, I can at least say I tried.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Metholod, your last post is all about how anyone who wants to do away with the tribunal is a troll, so forgive me for not trusting your definition of the word.

He is using simples data which has approx 2k data points.

And you lost me when you said his data is not sound after not being sure what data it was and then saying that some of his data IS sound, after calling him an idiot.

Either way. Yes, it is all about the relevancy of the data to the assumption.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
A troll is someone who acts idiotic with the intentions of being taken seriously in order to waste peoples time. He is, indeed a troll. I don't know where you are getting this 2k data points, but his data isn't sound. I know you and most of the other anti-tribunalist love to accept anything that might validate your claims as sound... but it's not.

Some of his data is indeed sound, but it's a matter of how relevant the data he is using to the problem at hand. Unfortunately the data he is trying to use is NOT relevant to the question at hand. I know that this post will likely be ignored/ridiculed even though the points in it are valid but meh, I can at least say I tried.
OMG you stated a flaw in a boost to the anti-tribunal side you are a troll.

Kidding, but I agree with your post to say the least.

Edit: Ninja'd and go figure it says what it does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

03-12-2012

You missed some of the sarcasm in my post and you did in fact blast him in 1 or more of your posts, while others you didn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
A troll is someone who acts idiotic with the intentions of being taken seriously in order to waste peoples time. He is, indeed a troll. I don't know where you are getting this 2k data points, but his data isn't sound. I know you and most of the other anti-tribunalist love to accept anything that might validate your claims as sound... but it's not.

Some of his data is indeed sound, but it's a matter of how relevant the data he is using to the problem at hand. Unfortunately the data he is trying to use is NOT relevant to the question at hand. I know that this post will likely be ignored/ridiculed even though the points in it are valid but meh, I can at least say I tried.
I am pro tribunal.

You didn't even read some of my most important posts. Everything you say is out of context and totally misguided. There is nothing wrong with my logic at all. Even if you believe that my assumptions are wrong, you haven't provided any counter hypothesis. That is and will always be the worst kind of troll. Criticize but offer no real solution.

I believe in the tribunal and in a good community. But when a judicial system is being abused for the profit of the majority and for the harm of a minority, someone has to be willing to take the heat to effect change.

I'll take as much heat as you and anyone else wants to throw at me. The tribunal IN ITS CURRENT FORM, is hurting the game.

I would like a tribunal that HELPS THE GAMING EXPERIENCE. Wouldn't you? Or are you too just after the free IP?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapnSmith

Senior Member

03-12-2012

dat 15 ip. gonna get a champ so soon brah