The Tribunal is just a lynch mob for IP Crazies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
It might have something to do with people knowing you don't actually love Riot and are therefore trolling.

Similarly, the 'I drink water' post coming after you admit to trying to perform experiments on the community makes it clear what you're trying to accomplish, which is pointless and petty and certainly worthy of a downvote.
I have no beef with Riot at all.


In fact, I support them in more ways than you can count, and if you ever drop by the Twisted Treeline forum, you will see that it my concern for the game and for you the gamer that motivates me.

You keep saying that my stats are (badword) and then refuse to actually provide any other hypothesis.

Yes it could be 1% or it could be 99%, I started with good data, I did a lot of homework. I arrived at reasonable conclusions.

Not because I have a bone to pick, but because I want to get the hidden out into the open.

What can be possibly wrong with that?

In response to your 82% generating 100% guilty verdicts... Yes you can continue to put variables into it to avoid any real discussion but you also did that when I reduced the variables.

We need to determine what percentage of voters are in the 82% bracket and what percentage are in the others. Assumptions must be made. If you don't like mine, make your own. I am happy to work with your numbers. Really just give me some.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
Again, I do not feed, and refusing to cooperate with my team would in my eyes be the same as intentionally feeding. I do not spam chat, and the last time I came close would be last summer when I replied to trolls with a copy/paste about reporting them to the newly created tribunal. If requesting that trolls be reported is an offense, then they need to let us know this, because I see it every day in every game I play, "report X for Y", if this is in fact offensive then my suspension was justified, but I do not believe it is offensive, and if Riot does they need to let the public know.
Sounds like 'kid' was a quite minor factor in your suspension (being one among several factors in a specific timeframe). Absent chatlogs, it's your word against his, and thus impossible for me to judge. It'd be another thing if the reasons Opeli laid out were actually underwhelming, of course.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Sounds like 'kid' was a quite minor factor in your suspension (being one among several factors in a specific timeframe). Absent chatlogs, it's your word against his, and thus impossible for me to judge. It'd be another thing if the reasons Opeli laid out were actually underwhelming, of course.
Explain how these "offenses" are "overwhelming" especially considering I provided evidence of my behavior in EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAYED IN NOVEMBER here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=fileshare


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I have no beef with Riot at all.
*looks at thread* Uh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
You keep saying that my stats are (badword) and then refuse to actually provide any other hypothesis.
Yes, because the REASON your stats are bad is because you're making conclusions based on nothing; when there's nothing to base conclusions on, I don't make conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Yes it could be 1% or it could be 99%, I started with good data, I did a lot of homework. I arrived at reasonable conclusions.
You started with no data, you made **** up out of thin air, and your conclusions are bunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
In response to your 82% generating 100% guilty verdicts... Yes you can continue to put variables into it to avoid any real discussion but you also did that when I reduced the variables.
Huh? It's YOUR failure to understand what the data you're looking at MEANS that's hampering you. Don't blame me for pointing that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
We need to determine what percentage of voters are in the 82% bracket and what percentage are in the others. Assumptions must be made. If you don't like mine, make your own. I am happy to work with your numbers. Really just give me some.
Why should I manufacture numbers out of thin air to augment data that isn't relevant to your argument in discussion of conclusions that come from nothing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
Explain how these "offenses" are "overwhelming" especially considering I provided evidence of my behavior in EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAYED IN NOVEMBER here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=fileshare
Lot to go through, I'll get back to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Ignore Castigator aka Girth for the win. probably the biggest troll here.

Go look at his posts dating back to when tribunal came out, Simply Alive can vouch for him being a troll.

Better yet Pendragon could just come in and shame him again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Lot to go through, I'll get back to you.
I'll save you some time and direct you to the "worst of the worst". "The Castigator - Skarner(10)" A genuine argument erupts between me and two teammates because I became upset at their sudden choice near the end of champ select to jungle, without saying a **** word, with my team suddenly screaming at me to switch out my smite so Rammus can jungle. Afraid of being trolled by someone who wasnt chatting, I kept smite, and chose to jungle for my team, sending Rammus top, a choice his duo partner disagreed with, resulting in them constantly insulting me and me (repeatedly, I admit) requesting that they be reported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
Ignore Castigator aka Girth for the win. probably the biggest troll here.

Go look at his posts dating back to when tribunal came out, Simply Alive can vouch for him being a troll.

Better yet Pendragon could just come in and shame him again.
Do you have any idea what you're even talking about? Go to bed, you have school in the morning.

Show me, links. Pendragon has never spoken to me in this forum other than a single line reply in which he stated, "This would only be a problem if people were being falsely banned." To me giving examples of false reports and bully reporter behavior.

Your ignorance ASTOUNDS me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
I'll save you some time and direct you to the "worst of the worst". "The Castigator - Skarner(10)"
Look, I'm not going to just take your word for it, I'm going to go through and watch. Only something like 1/4 of these have even 1 view. With 1 reportable (not making a judgment on punishable until I view) game so far, a 5-game Tribunal case could easily have slipped under the radar, so I'll get back to you when I have conclusions, and not before.

I'll take it on faith that the records are complete, of course. Otherwise there's no point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Look, I'm not going to just take your word for it, I'm going to go through and watch. Only something like 1/4 of these have even 1 view. With 1 reportable (not making a judgment on punishable until I view) game so far, a 5-game Tribunal case could easily have slipped under the radar, so I'll get back to you when I have conclusions, and not before.

I'll take it on faith that the records are complete, of course. Otherwise there's no point.
1. If I were trying to hide anything, occasional genuine arguments like the Rammus/Skarner jungle incident would not be present.
2. 75 games in 1 month is actually a lot for me, depending on my work hours, so for this to be strictly chosen games I wanted to show you, I would have to be a MUCH more active player.

I don't believe that every single in game conflict needs to result in a suspension, the idea that people aren't allowed to argue when confronted is schoolyard at best, our teachers all told us never to hit back, that we'd be in trouble if we fought rather than sitting there taking it, and the fact that they're trying to encourage this same behavior in game is sickening, they're really just empowering bullies to continue picking on people, because they're not allowed to fight back.