The Tribunal is just a lynch mob for IP Crazies

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-01-2012

This is not a QQ thread. I have never been in front of the tribunal after 2300 games. I have never been banned. I believe in a better community. I believe that trollers should get punished. SO, I went to the tribunal to check it out and be a good citizen by reviewing some cases.

Afterwards, I received an email from Riot that I was awarded 5 IP. For the 30 minutes or so I spent evaluating 5 cases in the tribunal.

Of the 5 I pardoned 4 and found one to be guilty. The 4 that were pardoned were a little bit nasty here and there but otherwise it wasn't all that bad.

For the people that I pardoned to have been found guilty by their "peers" is a travesty. Seriously... A few swear words was the majority of why these people were reported. In one case, I think all the guy said was "suck my balls" and THAT WAS IT!

But Even more important, I have noticed that the gaming experience for me has actually gotten worse. I played at least 1000 games before the tribunal even existed and yeah it got bad sometimes with leavers and trollers BUT since the TRIBUNAL, this part of the game is no different! Their is just as much of that **** as before. The difference now? Well, I am getting threatened with being "reported
' for the absolute dumbest most ignorant stuff you can imagine. I can't be the only one suffering from this kind of abuse ...

Team mate gets caught out of position and I am too far to help, or if I do, I will also die and then this msg sent to everyone. "Report Fizz for not helping".

Or, team mate is having a bad game and I say "Dude is this your first time with xx champ?" (cause they are really doing poorly) and they say to ALL "Pls report Poppy for bad attitude"

Or I make a mistake, a foolish one and suddenly to ALL "Report Olaf for Feeding"

My All time favourite? Team mate dies in a team fight. I proceed to kill the champ that killed team mate and while he is cooling at base sends this ... "Report Jax for Ksing me!"

COME ON!!!

So now not only do I have to deal with just as much trolling, leaving and intentionally feeding, I (dare i say we?) also have to deal with the threat of being reported by these SAME TROLLERS AND LEAVERS.

It's ridiculous. It's beyond ridiculous.

I believe that most of the people that support the Tribunal were not even around before it existed. If they were, it's easy to see it's done nothing to change things for the better and only adds more frustration.

The theory behind the tribunal is good. In practice it just fails.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prefix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-01-2012

I pardoned 3 days in a row I said no to all and I only got like 15 IP from all 3 days worth.

Everyone Auto-punish on tribunal

I just got my third ban.

I have had games people say report me i'm using OP char when they use shaco,

I punished all for 1 day a week later got like 30 ip or something

Most cases I pardon because people arent doing **** or had bad teammates which is aggravating like a 0/9/0 teamate

I did pardon 1 skarner because somoen said skanrer is trollign he has 6 boots
skarner: I have 6 legs

So I decided he had a point there I will pardon him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerz297 View Post
I pardoned 3 days in a row I said no to all and I only got like 15 IP from all 3 days worth.

Everyone Auto-punish on tribunal

I just got my third ban.

I have had games people say report me i'm using OP char when they use shaco,

I punished all for 1 day a week later got like 30 ip or something

Most cases I pardon because people arent doing **** or had bad teammates which is aggravating like a 0/9/0 teamate

I did pardon 1 skarner because somoen said skanrer is trollign he has 6 boots
skarner: I have 6 legs

So I decided he had a point there I will pardon him.

Lol Skarner gets 6 boots for his 6 legs. That's actually funny.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haunchbones

Senior Member

03-01-2012

1. saying **** a few times and being "a little bit nasty" are not the same thing.
2. the tribunal protects 4(9) players from 1 player, whereas you would prefer to protect 1 player from 4(9) players.
3. you have total control if you will be reported, take a different approach when you talk to your team, even if you lose horribly and 4/5 of your team feeds and builds wrong and doesnt respond, you should never give up trying to help.



my two cents


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunchbones View Post
1. saying **** a few times and being "a little bit nasty" are not the same thing.
2. the tribunal protects 4(9) players from 1 player, whereas you would prefer to protect 1 player from 4(9) players.
3. you have total control if you will be reported, take a different approach when you talk to your team, even if you lose horribly and 4/5 of your team feeds and builds wrong and doesnt respond, you should never give up trying to help.



my two cents
I totally disagree with you. Again, I've never faced the tribunal. And, I have never done anything in a game that would warrant it. BUT I've been threatened, almost bullied with the prospect for doing nothing more than playing well but playing the way that I want to play.

But more importantly, I am not sure where you are from but in my country, if you don't "protect" the individual, you DO NOT protect the whole.

In essence, you protect the 4(9) by protecting the 1.

It's a concept called innocent until proven guilty. The way the tribunal works now, and the auto punish once every 60 seconds for 5 IP, is just plain dumb.

In theory it is possible for the following to happen...

You tell some guy to *uck off because he tells you he want's to backdoor your mom. (Yeah that's right, I actually READ EVERY WORD and found that (often) the person swearing was sworn at just as much). He and his equally foul mouthed buddy report you for swearing.

The above type thing happens a few times in a row and you get enough reports to face the tribunal. IF this happens, there is a 94% chance you are going to receive a ban (or other punishment). AND MOST LIKELY the huge majority of people voting to punish you DON"T EVEN read your case.

This is just ridiculous. Anyone reported is assumed guilty because the "jury" is rewarded for finding you guilty. The poor sap doesn't even get the chance to respond to or face his accusers. Since when did we fall back to the dark ages?

Folks, the Tribunal is a WITCH HUNT. A thinly veiled Inquisition.

It's a good idea gone horribly bad. It's totally broken.

In any free society, it would not be tolerated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basicdanger

Senior Member

03-01-2012

You are completely right. I personally log on vote to punish and log off asap. I don't read the cases, I just want the free IP. Every once in a while I read the case and 90% of the time they should be pardoned, but voting pardoned doesn't get me free IP. Yes, it's wrong, but the system is broken.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basicdanger View Post
You are completely right. I personally log on vote to punish and log off asap. I don't read the cases, I just want the free IP. Every once in a while I read the case and 90% of the time they should be pardoned, but voting pardoned doesn't get me free IP. Yes, it's wrong, but the system is broken.


You are very cool for admitting the truth of it. Kudos to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHaLoGrUnT

Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basicdanger View Post
You are completely right. I personally log on vote to punish and log off asap. I don't read the cases, I just want the free IP. Every once in a while I read the case and 90% of the time they should be pardoned, but voting pardoned doesn't get me free IP. Yes, it's wrong, but the system is broken.
So true. I only used it once and I actually read the cases and punished/pardoned accordingly but considering how low the IP reward is I don't even bother using it anymore. The concept of it exudes good intentions but in reality it's a real terror.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeletalArm

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
This is not a QQ thread. I have never been in front of the tribunal after 2300 games.

I just received an email from Riot that I was awarded 5 IP. For the 30 minutes or so I spent evaluating 5 cases in the tribunal.

Of the 5 I pardoned 4 and found one to be guilty.

The 4 that were pardoned were a little bit nasty here and there but otherwise it wasn't all that bad.

For them to have been found guilty by their "peers" is a travesty. Seriously. Are you kidding me. Saying *uck once or twice during a game gets you banned? Isn't that why we have a profanity filter and an ignore button?

At least once every 3 games someone threatens to report me. I especially love this when the person so doing is playing sub par, gets caught, dies, then says to ALL "Report Fizz for not helping".

Or I say "Dude is this your first time with xx champ?" (cause they are really doing poorly) and they say to ALL "Pls report Poppy for bad attitude"

Or I make a mistake, a foolish one and suddenly to ALL "Report Olaf for Feeding"

My All time favourite? Team mate dies in a team fight. I proceed to kill the champ that killed team mate and while dead and a fight is still going on ... this ... "Report Jax for Ksing me!"

wtf?

People being banned for minor offenses (even if they do it a lot) and the constant threat of being reported by just playing a nothing fancy, workman like game, is getting out of hand.

The tribunal is hurting the game, not helping it.

Just my two cents.
Answer me this, how do you know that the cases you pardoned were the one's that were punished?

And while I'm at it, how do I know that you actually used the tribunal and how do I know that you weren't banned by the Tribunal and just trying to cast a false light on it?

The only thing I do know from this is to trust in Riot's judgment about the tribunal, because if it did not work as intended then they would have removed it by now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeletalArm View Post
Answer me this, how do you know that the cases you pardoned were the one's that were punished?

And while I'm at it, how do I know that you actually used the tribunal and how do I know that you weren't banned by the Tribunal and just trying to cast a false light on it?

The only thing I do know from this is to trust in Riot's judgment about the tribunal, because if it did not work as intended then they would have removed it by now.

It's simple, if you vote right you get ip. 5 votes got me 1 right. I am sure it was the one I found guilty, as that guy WAS GUILTY, no question. Thus the other 4 I didn't get IP for and pardoned were found guilty. They should not have been IMO.

As far as suggesting that I am making this argument because I have some beef with Riot, well sure if I was a kid or thought like one maybe, but in my case, that suggestion just makes me laugh TBH.

Trust RIOTS JUDGMENT? LOL. Wow, wake up. They wrote some great software with NO IDEA how it was going to play out. It was an experiment. And it's gone wrong.


1234511 ... 19