Hp does not make a tank!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

07-29-2010

I faced a Cho'Gath last night with a Warmogs, had about 3.5k HP, but no MR/AR.

We won.

"wtf our tank sux"

Anima Libera

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
I faced a Cho'Gath last night with a Warmogs, had about 3.5k HP, but no MR/AR.

We won.

"wtf our tank sux"
Perfect example.

Nastharl

07-29-2010

cho has definate potential if he stacks tank items, coupled with his disable to be a strong tank.

warmogs is kinda a junk item though. Costs too much.

People tend to make a big deal about the cost of items, but i think if you're rolling in gold, splurge for some nice slot value. Tanks are not likly to be swimming in cash though, so i feel warmogs is just too expensive.

He can make up for his lack of inherant DR by having huge disable. If anything that makes him a fairly strong champ. he can be built either as DPS (not great but passable as AP), or as tank and fill a role.

I count him as a good early pick, if you know you're going to have to be the tank, but have no idea what the other team might roll.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I can nothing but wholeheartedly (is it a word?) with OP. HP != tank. Ofc you can gimp your champs potential and go tank mode, but you could as well pick better champ for tanking (quite example is Garen, he's pretty nice as DPS, tho like a statue when going tank mode, just waiting to burn ult on some1).

Nastharl

07-29-2010

Garen also not a tank, has nothing except a once in awhile silence. if you build him tank they should/will just ignore you.

Razius

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastharl View Post
Garen also not a tank, has nothing except a once in awhile silence. if you build him tank they should/will just ignore you.
This sentence means you don't really know very much about Garen, hes ridiculous when built right.

Eppa

07-29-2010

Udyr, Morgana, WW all just need some hp, mr and armor to become tanks.

Senior Recruiter

07-29-2010

singed is a semi tank. he gets in your face, slows you down, poisons you, throws you over his shoulder when you try and gank the squishies behind him. most people end up attacking me when i play singed just cause i don't give them the chance to get near the carry lol.