Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Jax DOESN'T Need a Phantom Dancer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zgibs

07-29-2010

So I spent a long time playing Jax before I gave up cause he's **** at 5v5. He is great at 3v3 though. The one misconception people have is that as soon as you get Guinsoo's you HAVE to get Phantom Dancer. I don't think that's true at all. Jax is not AS dependent. The point of Guinsoo's is that if anybody thinks they CAN take you 1v1, they soon regret it. But once your Jax is kicking ass, everybody runs, so you need strong AD to keep them around. I personally like to do Tabi, Guinsoo's then Bloodthirster or Cleaver depending on the state. What do you guys think?

lolvEntt

07-29-2010

"Everybody runs" - So you don't think an item with movement speed, and dodge which would allow you to stun and/or keep up, is a good idea for runners?

I'm confused.

Miltus

07-29-2010

Get Phage/Mallet if you want to stop people from running away, not Phantom Dancer.

Crazy Night

07-29-2010

Yeah after Guinsoo I would probably go with Mallet.

Machina Ex Domin

07-29-2010

I go dancer/dancers not for the AS/MS, it's purely for the dodge.

WTB more items with dodge on them!

Eppa

07-29-2010

Quote:
Machina Ex Domin:
I go dancer/dancers not for the AS/MS, it's purely for the dodge.

WTB more items with dodge on them!

buy 2 extra tabis. It is better.

M4nTiCoR3

07-29-2010

I saw a jax on TT with 6 pairs of Ninja Tabi...it was a *****. You couldn't hit the sob between all the dodges and stuns he would throw down. His only weakness was the lack of MR...so a AP heavy nuker could end him quick if they got lucky enough to drop their load before he jumped their ass. Other wise it was stun lock...die, or run and die anyways. His damage output despite no true offensive items was still good enough to nail us bad, on TT at least. Prob not viable at all on SR, but funny as a smack in the face with a lampost fopr sure.

seajaydub

07-29-2010

Is ninja tabi the most cost-effective dodge item? If so, that's a pretty good idea on TT haha.

Slide

07-29-2010

You have a 5 second leap and a stun. Why are you worried about people running?

No, he doesnt need a PD. He also doesnt need a Mallet.

All Jax needs is Tabi->RageBlade->Gunblade->Situationals

You dont need items to chase. Jax does it quite well as it is. If you want more, get lizard buff.

NJ Fury S

07-29-2010

someone is downvote happy