Random lag with comcast high speed internet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalton Soup

02-29-2012

Hello, i have been playing league of legends for a long time, and i have Comcast. All the time i get random lag spikes that last for a long time. But i got a question, I have gone over my monthly limit of bandwidth the last 3 months of playing the game, and the month before i wasn't even close to it. I'm wondering if that would cause my league of legends to do that.

Manpex

02-29-2012

Hi Anazimajor, I work for Comcast in the Chicago region for sales and will say it should have nothing to do with your internet from Comcast itself.

We do hard maintance on our interwebs @ about 3:00 am CST so that should be the only interuption you can expect if at all.

Dalton Soup

02-29-2012

Would league of legends cause me to go over the monthly cap? I didn't think it would take up that much bandwidth, but i don't know. (I also use skype when playing the game if that makes a difference.)

CrsEMCL

02-29-2012

I've had random intermittent lag using Comcast (only for League of Legends mind you) for the past few months.

While it could be a coincidence, I'm guessing there is some attributable cause here.

Dalton Soup

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMLB View Post
I've had random intermittent lag using Comcast (only for League of Legends mind you) for the past few months.

While it could be a coincidence, I'm guessing there is some attributable cause here.
I play other mmo's and i never have trouble with it, its just this game that gives me trouble. Does internet work on your computer outside of league of legends when that happens?

M4NT1C

02-29-2012

I had many problems with comcast and Timewarner cable. I switched to verizon Fios. My Ping is 12-16 now with standard wireless connection.