How in god's name do you solomid vs kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KultoDeSkaro

02-29-2012

Cassiopeia can zone him well, especially pre 6

Dark Ajax

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSubZero View Post
I agree that using a ad carry can counter a kass VERY hard. But A good counter to kass that is another ap mid is Fizz. I have been playing him as my main since his release and you can really kick his butt.. the trick is to jump in (not using trickster) poke him hard and then trickster away before he can do any damage. Also using trickster can dodge his silence attack (his Q) which is very helpful early game. I also suggest taking boots/3 pots to start on any champion agenst a kass concidering most kass players get a dorines (< bad spelling) to start which means that if you can exchange with him you can regen health and he can not providing you with the opportunity to have a easy kill.

GoodLuck
completely out of context but I loved how you added the brackets with (bad spelling).

+1

Scenvresh

02-29-2012

As gangplank.

W Genzo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

He's not really a good pusher so, pre6, if you are AD you can harrass him and push the lane so he has to stay back and maybe use his Q for las hitting.

If you got some lifesteal probably he'll get oomed before u get low health; that's your advantage -as an AD.

But i think your biggest problem is about how hard is to stay in the lane with the psychological pressure of him jumping at you at any moment. That's hard but if you've doing it well pre6, he should be zoned; if not, call for a gank/play careful.

(Srry for the bad english).

Queen Sejuani

03-01-2012

You attack him from 1-6 so he doesn't get any creep farm. That stage is literally so bad for him that he can't do ****. He is also a bad farmer and is melee which means you can literally auto attack him early on while he can't do anything and has to back out. Even his spells suck early level and have bad scaling. (He only has his Q for damage and force pulse, and force pulse doesn't do that much early on so you will trade ALOT more than he does)

Just keep attacking him over and over early on. Get into the lane and straight out if he gets close, just auto attack him and keep doing it till he Q's and gets out or is forced to die because he can't go into an AA fight with you since you will just back off and he won't ever get in range. Once you hit lvl 2 and 3 start using your spells on him for damage. Once again he only has his Q for damage and NOTHING else, while you can just mash 2+ spells and auto attacks. When you fight him and he Q's you, keep attacking him till he gets out because he can't do ANYTHING after Q. He can either use Ignite on you which is a complete waste, or use Force Pulse if for some reason he has it procced by spells.

If you deny him really hard early on. He won't have money to buy stuff in the store.

No money = no items
No items = no damage

Basically you will have damage, and he won't. He will still do some damage with his combo but nearly not as much as you will.

If all else fails and you feel like you aren't able to zone him early on and deny CS, pick Galio,

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Try LeBlanc and harrass him down hard before he hits 6. Hell even if he hits, 6, just Q, R (or R, Q if Q is already procced) and silence him before he can do anything to to you.

TerraEarth

03-07-2012

When you're fighting against a kassadin you need to know the range of his R. if you feel that he is going to jump on top of you (it is usually kind of obvious) then you just spam your spells in the direction he'll be landing before he does.. this destroys him completely but takes skill.

On the other hand if you can just play a character that can sustain/frequently poke that shuts kassadin down. examples : talon/gangplank

On the other other hand if you can play a character that pushes the lane hard (kass is forced to last hit minions or lose a lot of cs to tower) this also screws up kassadin

examples: Sion/mordekaiser

note that these two also have shields that can nullify kass harass.

kassadin is generally very strong against squishies... esp if they don't have inherent sustain or a strong poke. so keep this in mind when choosing a suitable champion and playstyle against kassadin

Kolobolokin

03-07-2012

I love to see the other team pick Kassadin. If you have a competent jungler, a mobile mid, or a roaming support, he gets totally shut down. As somebody like Fizz or Ahri (Very mobile), Anivia or Vlad (Good at surviving), Ashe or Caitlyn (AD carry - lots of ranged autoattack), you just chill and dodge. Poke every once in a while. Call for ganks when he pushes. Play very aggressively before level six, and ask for ganks after that =D

If you have a good jungler, get some CC on him when the jungler ganks (Like with anyone else), and at the very least he gets pushed out of lane for a bit. For the love of all that is holy, OUT FARM HIM! Because he is a melee champ, he can't compete in farm with ranged champs like Cait or LeBlanc. If you can farm well - again just like with anybody else - you win games. When you're feeling safe and pushed to his tower, steal their wraiths. Get buffs from your jungler. Be aware of MIA calls.

Now that I think about it, these are general rules for mid xD I feel like these are as specially useful against a Kassadin. I'm just gonna finish this by saying that if you can farm at all, and you have any sort of ability to tank or dodge, you win. If you can deny feeding him, his midgame is basically over (Again, assuming you can farm).

Hope this helped!

LT Orange Juice

03-07-2012

I find the best counter by far to be gragus. Due to his sustain/ long range poke he will rape him eirly game and once he gets to 6 it is even better. Mainly since if mass uses his ult to get in melee range it just puts gragus in the advantage because at melee range he can install barrel( no travel time) and body slam. Because of the fact that gragus scales better he will win trades and because of his infinite mana w and health passive he will heal up and mana up after the trades thus winning the lane in the end.

Idunaz

03-07-2012

Ask the LB our lass went against today.