Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IP/Exp boosts questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artonox

07-29-2010

Ok, i tried searching this up, but 5 minutes and i ain't getting anywhere, so apologies if this has been answered already (the questions get progressively harder):

(I have only Sunday to make the most of the double ip weekend (due to work) unless i play overnight (O.O) so mind the mild urgency...)

1) if i buy an exp boost and then an ip boost, would they be simultaneously together when i win?

ANSWER: YES THEY DO

2) if i buy an ip timer boost and then another ip timer boost, would the 2nd overwrite the first one, or would it instead be paused and then start immediately after the first one expires?
(this applies to exp timers as well)
What about ip win boosts? exp win boosts?

ANSWER (unconfirmed?): 2ND IS STARTED AFTER THE FIRST ONE EXPIRES IF TWO BOOSTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME TYPE

3) if i buy an ip timer boost and then an ip win boost, are there any priorities here?
as in would there be a chance of an ip win boost taking effect before the ip timer boost?
or would it totally screw up the system and give me 4x boost?
would there be any difference when i buy the ip win boost first before the ip timer boost?

ANSWER : DIFFERENT IP BOOST TYPES STACK, SO THERE IS A MAXIMUM OF 6xIP FOR THE WEEKEND, NOT 8 AS ORIGINALLY THOUGHT

A obese midget

07-29-2010

my question is if i buy ip boost, do i get 4 times the ip?

Artonox

07-29-2010

Quote:
aTruffles:
my question is if i buy ip boost, do i get 4 times the ip?

i have managed to find out that last time, when there was a double ip weekend, buying boosts will net you 4 times the usual ip.

Whether it will be set like this for the weekend is very likely from the 30% off boosts, but i havent managed to see it 100% confirmed yet

Sr Kundo

Recruiter

07-29-2010

1) yes they both will stack

2) i do not believe so, but buying a per game/real boost + double ip weekend = 4 times the IP

3) not sure

Harple

07-29-2010

I would love to know if the IP timer boost and the IP per win boost on at the same time stack. Then you could get both, have the IP weekend, and get 8x IP

xBombeRx

07-29-2010

^^^ 2k ip for first win of the day lol.

Harple

07-29-2010

Quote:
xBombeRx:
^^^ 2k ip for first win of the day lol.

Exactly...so I want to know

adomorn

Recruiter

07-29-2010

if you can stack IP boosts, I'm going to buy 5-6.

Artonox

07-29-2010

LOL i will put all my current riot points into it if so, but i need clarification from a trusted source

Destroy

07-29-2010

IP boosts go by wins and by time. So, if you bought a 10 win IP boost, then buying another would probably give you 20 wins total. Meaning you get the extra boost for 20 wins. Same for the time, they just queue, they don't stack directly.

Not conformed, but I imagine that's how they work.

As for the double IP mechanics, I have no clue...I would hope that the weekend bonus would effect the base IP, then you get the extra boost IP. If not, then that's a lot of IP...

I've said IP too much...