Fiora builds - Anything different?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZehNetoBR

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
Fiora's base AS(.672) is one of the highest in the game, there's nothing wrong with building AS even though she has a 3second AS steroid. It's pretty hard to cap on AS even with that ridiculous E. Purposefully avoiding AS on someone that scales so well with it is like purposefully avoiding flat AD on Riven because you feel she already does enough damage.
Agreed.

On a side note, Berserker's + Ionic + Black Cleaver are more than enough to reach cap when using Speed Burst.

FrontlinerDelta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
what do you guys think of her recommended items?
Pretty good overall but I don't think she needs both Last Whipser and Black Cleaver on there.

v4v3nd3774

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehNetoBR View Post
Agreed.

On a side note, Berserker's + Ionic + Black Cleaver are more than enough to reach cap when using Speed Burst.
Well, what I meant by it's pretty hard to is that you have to go out of your way to build multiple AS items, so one or even two AS items(if you happen to be building them) isn't really an issue. That being said, I think she still has other needs that need more attention than taking advantage of her high base AS.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-01-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontlinerDelta View Post
Pretty good overall but I don't think she needs both Last Whipser and Black Cleaver on there.
i was referring to the recommended items for dominion specifically.
in any case, her dominion items were set by my recommendation, so i was curious to know if people were having success picking from that set.

basically, i wanted to know how close to the mark i was.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Fiora's base AS(.672) is one of the highest in the game, there's nothing wrong with building AS even though she has a 3second AS steroid. It's pretty hard to cap on AS even with that ridiculous E. Purposefully avoiding AS on someone that scales so well with it is like purposefully avoiding flat AD on Riven because you feel she already does enough damage.
This isn't true. Higher base AS does not mean you'll scale more or less with IAS. Your DPS is impacted by the exact same percentage, regardless of base AS.

Yaladilae

03-01-2012

Quote:
i was referring to the recommended items for dominion specifically.
in any case, her dominion items were set by my recommendation, so i was curious to know if people were having success picking from that set.

Some people prefer to use Ionian boots or bezerker greaves
You picked Merc trends, which sparked something interesting for me personally, but i cant lie, i find having cleanse / QSS better for that purpose

On another note, I feel zeke is much better then blightwater cutlass, esp. very simliar to price.

But overall, like my last common, awesome picks, much better then what Phreak had in spotlight

Prometheius

03-01-2012

Quote:
Purposefully RUSHING attack speed on a champion with a ****-ton of it already is stupid beyond belief when other items give better damage increase.

Helixes

03-01-2012

Not too bad imo. I don't like bildge water or merc personally, I personally think Zerkers are better and that phage does a better job of slowing, and that an item like Zeke's will do more then bildge as well.

I will say though there are very very very few champs I ever build merc treads on. There is either very little CC, in which case they do little against it, or there is a ton of CC, in which case you die anyways.

Prometheius

03-01-2012

Quote:

Needs some changes, but pretty good. Bilgewater is meh. Just get phage and call it a day instead. It'd also flow better into her later Entrophy on the build list.

Boots vary a lot, but Mtreads seems kind of pointless when even a small CC will mean death anyways. Ionian lets her have CDR to keep her E up and let her chase and ulti more. It also makes her stronger 1v1 since W CD loses about 1s.

For LW, I think it'd be better as BCleaver or Ghost Blade. She's aimed at killing the squishier targets and LW doesn't facilitate that as much as BC and GB. GB also has the added bonus of more move speed, CDR, and attack speed to make her even more lethal in short time.

v4v3nd3774

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
This isn't true. Higher base AS does not mean you'll scale more or less with IAS. Your DPS is impacted by the exact same percentage, regardless of base AS.
Yes, it does actually. Base AS is what all % AS scales off of, even the scaling %AS you get every level(as this is exactly the same stat as %AS on dagger and recurve bow). http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Purposefully RUSHING attack speed on a champion with a ****-ton of it already is stupid beyond belief when other items give better damage increase.
You didn't read my post you quoted, nor have you read the any of my other posts in this thread, apperently. Bolded what I've said that relates to AS and my opinion of it on her, specifically where it falls in my initial thoughts on her build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774
My thoughts on her so far:

- even with three gapclosers she's still prone to kiting due to no cc and being a melee autoattacker at heart.

- due to this I feel phage is pretty core on her, whether this goes to fm or entropy is still preference imo(at this point).

- lifesteal is core due to her R making you invulnerable and applying onhit(lifesteal), this causes a huge swing in hp if you and an opponent are both 50%~hp when you R.

- due to lifesteal being core, having ad ratios and being an autoattacker at core sanguine is pretty core.

- cdr is amazing on her, due to her reliance on R. I'm using cdr glyphs, 4% from masteries and liking brutalizer. not sure about Ionian, I really want mercs and maybe even zerkers.

- .672 base AS, AS scales amazingly on her. She's at least in the top 15 if not top 10 in base AS of all champs. Because of this things like PD could also do amazingly well on her, but I think this takes a back seat to her other needs.

- currently I like mercs phage bruta sanguine, not sure after that. either fm/entropy or situational defenses or lw or upgrade to yomuus or pd(or maybe just zeal into trinity). I'm leaning toward boots1+prospector>phage>mercs>bruta>vamp>sanguine> yomuus if no armor/lw if armor>situational.

Quote:
Quote:
Well, what I meant by it's pretty hard to is that you have to go out of your way to build multiple AS items, so one or even two AS items(if you happen to be building them) isn't really an issue. That being said, I think she still has other needs that need more attention than taking advantage of her high base AS.
But congratulations on trying to take one sentence out of context.